Traxxas Slash 2wd shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
He y Guys I bought a used Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL the shocks seem to be dead bought shock oil filled them with new oil still nothing no rebound. What is a good economical replacement? I also have a issue with the rear camber link pulling apart when I run i have replaced them 3 times any idea what would be causing this to happen?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
He y Guys I bought a used Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL the shocks seem to be dead bought shock oil filled them with new oil still nothing no rebound. What is a good economical replacement? I also have a issue with the rear camber link pulling apart when I run i have replaced them 3 times any idea what would be causing this to happen?

Thanks for the help.

Yea ,Traxxas shocks.......SUCK...........BLEH......

I had some extra Mgt. 1/8 monster truck shocks laying around ,so I cleaned them up an put them
on!
I haven't yet got to try them out on rough terrain ,heres a vid of before an after!....:cool:

I had some extra Mgt. 1/8 monster truck shocks laying around ,so I cleaned them up an put them
on!
I haven't yet got to try them out on rough terrain ,heres a vid of before an after!....:cool:

did that on my rustler, took the gold springs from that .21 MGT and installed them on the rear. seems to be about perfect.

the gold springs are also really cheap to come by because they are to soft for the MGT usually so no one wanted them.

If your spring looks like the white one in the pic ,an you really don't care about the spring ,a person
might can stretch out the area on them where its coiled closer at the end ,this may give you more
rebound ,an get you by until you get better shocks!

I got a set of Traxxas Big Bore shocks for my rustler to replace the crappy ultras once they went on me, and they actually aren't too bad for the price. Full set for $55 and all aluminum. Everything else I looked at was in the $80+ range. As much as I hate supporting traxxas these days, it was the cheapest option. Just keep and use your stock springs, the progressive ones that come on there are pure trash.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-58...acers-STAMPEDE-RUSTLER-SLASH-vxl/143026288937

I have the GTR's on my stampede with RC Raven dual rate springs. They are pretty nice and durable. I put the VDK in them and drilled the pistons out to 1/16" (didn't have anything smaller) and I think I run 60-70wt in them. So far, works really well.
2019-0331-Stampede-HotRacingFrontTiresAngled.jpg

I run revo GTR's on my eJato with RC Raven dual rates there too. Can't recall if I put vdk in them though...
2019-0329-eJato-WrappedTiresFront.jpg

I air both of those trucks out a lot. The RC Ravens are a bit on the soft side, but that's comparing them to my 1/8th scale and revos. It's really easy to go too stiff on a smaller/lighter truck, which makes it bouncy and hard to drive.

Back