Traxxas s-maxx(help please)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike5697

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I have a traxxas s maxx and I want make it a rock crawler I'm already getting reverse and 4 wheel drive upgrades just wondering if it's a good idea to make it a rock crawler if so what other things could I get to make it better off road

The S-Maxx is a nitro rig and unfortunately they don't move fast enough while crawling to prevent the engine from overheating. If you wan to crawl, you're better off buying a purpose built crawler.

Alot of cash would have to be invested to make it a crawler, the most of which, a complete electric changeover for the electronics. Nitros need the higher rpm's to maintain a cool temp. You could look at making it a hill climber. Still climb rocks it would just be in 2 seconds flat!!

Ok what could I do to make it climb hill better besides 4 wheel drive

You would probably start with an extremely longer chassis. The longer wheelbase will keep it from wheelieing and flipping over. Not purchasing the normal extended chassis but actually making a custom 1. Probably some good sand paddles as well just to name a few to start with

Than
Thank you soooo much this helped a lot