Traxxas rustler vxl 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabley

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
So here are the mods for my traxxas rustler vxl 2wd going to be doing alot more mods any suggestions?
Rpm caster blocks.
Heavyduty plastic traxxas drive shaft.
Pro line trencher tires.
Velineon 3s brushless motor/esc.
Traxxas fan.

I would go tekin or castle motor and esc.

I would do the wide mod so front and rear tires are the same wheels.

I heard pins bemd more with rpm castors, maybe lunsford or strc hardened steel or titanium?

The HD driveshafts, is that yoke and axle too?

Ill post pics in a second
I just bent and broke the rpm caster block the other day
20220521_183226.jpg

Heavy duty axles

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pic. I think the Rustler has one of the coolest looking chassis. I don't own one but I will someday.

Your welcome i also own an arrma granite 4×4 mega v2 550.

Very cool. I have a huge list of what I have but one of these days, I'll take them all out and take a family pic.

The Rustler is my sons and my favorite RC car. We own three with two being totally custom.

I recommend the Traxxas Pro series magnum 272R transmission just for the fact that the aluminum motor plate helps greatly with cooling.

I recommend the DuBro Tru Spin Prop/Wheel Balancer to balance all the tires which makes a very noticeable difference in how the car handles at high speed. https://www.amainhobbies.com/dubro-tru-spin-precision-prop-wheel-balancer-dub499/p4870

I recommend the RPM front bumper. This bumper will save your car from those unintended mishaps during spirited bashing. https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-traxxas-rustler-stampede-wide-front-bumper-black-rpm81162/p84359

If you don't have it then the TQi receiver with TSM makes a noticeable difference.

There really isnt a whole lot more that I would do other than a Castle 3800 motor and Mamba or Copperhead setup to this car. Aluminum parts are heavy and upset the balance of the car except for anything up front like the bulkhead and c-hubs. I’ve tried a bunch of different shocks and always end up going back to stock.

Putting a bandit body on a Rustler looks pretty cool too. Thats what my son did.

Back