traxxas revo whos got one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STINNETT

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone have one of these and if so what is it like come on people lets us know :cheers:

Yeah I was wandering the same thing because my dad is thinking of getting one for himself.I'll bet the people that got them arnt posting because they are out playing with them. :smoke:

Last edited:
I have had one for about a week. Switched electronics to run my XS3 radio and had trouble with the optidrive (OD) system. Ended up jerking out the shift servo, OD, and locking it in forward since I am a racer and don't need reverse.

So far so good. Handles like a dream and has a good power to weight ratio. If you are looking for one, email Mike at [email protected]. Tell him Glenn sent you. He is selling them for $500 shipped FedEx.

I have been reading all the forums about it and besides a few small glitches that are easily fixed, it seems like a great truck so far.

Glenn

yeah I have had mine for a week as well but have only fired it up once thus far because I have been busy with other stuff. The truck appears to be built like a rock and is visually appealing to me...I have yet to race the little bugger but that will happen in the not too distant future!

I have beat the living hell out of mine and the only problem I had was the stock air filter was restrictive and got clogged pretty quick. After I changed the filter I did notice an overall increase in performance although it is a little toucher about its tune. The 5 foot motor cross jump in my back yard has been jumped much more also, I have killed many trucks with that but with the Revo I was bored before it broke. :hammer:

golfinglenn said:
I have had one for about a week. Switched electronics to run my XS3 radio and had trouble with the optidrive (OD) system. Ended up jerking out the shift servo, OD, and locking it in forward since I am a racer and don't need reverse.

So far so good. Handles like a dream and has a good power to weight ratio. If you are looking for one, email Mike at [email protected]. Tell him Glenn sent you. He is selling them for $500 shipped FedEx.

I have been reading all the forums about it and besides a few small glitches that are easily fixed, it seems like a great truck so far.

Glenn

They sell them for like $470 on Tower Hobbies

Powerman6766 said:
They sell them for like $470 on Tower Hobbies

Yea, but there is a waiting list and then you get to add shipping. The price I was quoted included shipping via fedex and he has them in stock. Who knows when people that have not prepaid at tower are going to have a shot at their inventory.

Glenn

golfinglenn said:
Yea, but there is a waiting list and then you get to add shipping. The price I was quoted included shipping via fedex and he has them in stock. Who knows when people that have not prepaid at tower are going to have a shot at their inventory.

Glenn

Oh ok gotcha...

or you can buy one for $75 and wait a while......REALLY!!

Back