Traxxas Revo 3.3 Pull start please help!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddict234

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have recently bagged the ez start system on my Revo 3.3 and got a pull starter and glow igniter. I have started it with the pull starter before so I know it works. I just cleaned the engine and found brown sludge in it. Fuel is good and glow plug is good. It will not start. Compression feels weak but I’m not sure because I haven’t had a pull start before. It is also hard to prime fuel. It goes slow. Please help.
I have recently bagged the ez start system on my Revo 3.3 and got a pull starter and glow igniter. I have started it with the pull starter before so I know it works. I just cleaned the engine and found brown sludge in it. Fuel is good and glow plug is good. It will not start. Compression feels weak but I’m not sure because I haven’t had a pull start before. It is also hard to prime fuel. It goes slow. Please help.
Also it almost feels like it backfires. Not a backfire I think but it almost feels like the piston hits the corner of the block inside the backplate if you have seen the inside of a trx 3.3.

Have you spun the crank? when you spin the crank, you should feel resistance and hear a pop on the exhaust stroke, if not, the sleeve must be replaced, and start the break-in for the new sleeve for the piston.

Have you spun the crank? when you spin the crank, you should feel resistance and hear a pop on the exhaust stroke, if not, the sleeve must be replaced, and start the break-in for the new sleeve for the piston.
I got it running but it did seem like that was happening. Before I started it it felt like the piston was hitting something. The motor wouldn’t spin it and the flywheel wouldn’t turn. I loosened the glow plug and then it turned over just fine. Then when I got it started I tightened the glow plug and now it works just fine. Also is there a specific torque you need to put the glow plug at?

I believe there is no torque required to screw it, but it does need to be tight for good compression

Also it almost feels like it backfires. Not a backfire I think but it almost feels like the piston hits the corner of the block inside the backplate if you have seen the inside of a trx 3.3.
Check the pop-in to head make sure it's s tight enough. If you add compression before should have the same easy start should not change anything unless your rings went bad on the piston