Traxxas pulls the cover to show..........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a 1/7 scale....so not a 1/5 but bigger than a 1/8 buggy or truggy. A whole new electric set up too. Looks like a scaled down 1/5scale brushless set up. Either way it looks bad tot he bone. I like the body....

I like the new TQ-i Tx with the iphone docking station i wonder if that can be modded just as easy as the link Tx can.

FAIL!

Because on-road is so popular these days I guess. LMAO!

The only thing I like about this rig is the Mamba ESC.

The iPhone telemetry setup is cool if your into that sort of feedback from your rig.

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

Thank you Traxxas for not coming out with something I must have.

I like that they did something new but I don't know how successful it will be in the long run. There's a reason Losi got out of on-roads... if you're not gonna race it, no need to make it.

I'm gonna get it, the wife said yes i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who has enough space to run this at 100 mph? It takes a whole lotta space to run something that big and that fast.

At least Traxxas was smart enough to put this.

"The XO-1 is not a toy and is intended for use by experts only. Be sure to read and understand all warning and precautions that accompany the product."

Still, some kid who's only experience with RC was a Tyco will get a hold of one that mommy and daddy purchased for them at the local HobbyTown and mash the throttle for 5 seconds until it slams into something and disintegrates into a strewn out pile of useless parts followed by pretty flames coming out of the ruptured LiPo packs. We have to hope no one gets hurt, no other property gets damaged and someone gets a vid up on You Tube.

Yeah I think enoug bad accidents expecially if someone or property gets hurt than they will start making laws with rc cars!!!! It is so sick I want one so bad!!! All I can say is airport or if anyone is lucy enough to live near a paved real car track!! That would be awsome!!! 100mph I wonder if it acually gets up that fast or if they made that thing about catch on fire from the heat from getting it that fast... But amazing for a rtr!!

And who knows enough people get these things and there might be a few new on-road tracks around....

Last edited:
Pretty cool but I doubt it will go anywhere...

yea i am a little let down.. I mean it looks nice, sounds cool, but for the average person that might can buy it where are they going to run it? Straight line runs get old really fast if you had 3 maybe 4 and held a realy race that could be cool, but who can afford to rent Texas motor speed way for the afternoon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DMa8seF9w&feature=youtu.be

all in all a really nice car.. super fast and took some engineering to build this but will they build the market as well?

i know I'm not getting it, i love the radio though it looks great. And i dare say it.. if i were to buy this.. i would actually put some hard tires on it and try to drift. I'm not into just having a long parking lot just going back and forth.. no fun in my opinion.. if i see drift videos of it i would consider ha.

heres some more videos http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011/11/30/traxxas-xo-1-2/

It says you need a iPod or iPhone to unlock the 100mph, I'm wondering if thats a 1 time setting or if you always need the ipod connected. because if the ipod is needed to run at full speed what happens if you want to bind it up to a spektrum or futaba controller? besides that and being kind of impractical it's a pretty sick car.

That's a good question. I would think it would be a software setting, but with Traxxas, you never know.....

I know if I ever have one of those "this is fast, imma blow all my money" moments I'm going to want to bind it up to my dx3r, not that traxxas radio. even though the telemetry app does seem pretty sick.

I just keep DROOLING:whhooo: I wonder how those tires compare in size to 2.8 Anaconda's some Sticky tires would be great for my Jato

I highly doubt the iphone would be needed after the initial unlocking of the 100 mph capability, but it is traxxas.

I was reading on the traxxas website that the app to unlock the 100 mph wouldn't be avaliable till 12/20/11 and I'm not real sure how traxxas got the app but the public can't get it for another 3 weeks. If thats the case you pay $1200 for a car that you can't even unlock the 100 mph till the end of December. The car looks cool and I'm sure it's fun but like a few other people have mentioned what good is it unless you have a ton of room to go that fast and it would get boring fast just going up and down the parking lot. My jato will do every bit of 60 and I barely have a big enough space to open it up for about 3 sec. I'm not bashing the new release and I think it's pretty awesome but really kinda useless unless you have a motor speedway you can get access to when you want to go play plus your buddy would have to have one to make it interesting.

Back