Traxxas Nitro Sport!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE_RC10GT

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok my godfather bought a Traxxas Nitro Sport RTR i believe and he bought about maybe 4 years ago and i have been fooling around with it and i noticed that when i hit full throttle the car wants to bog down and stall. i tried adjusting the screws on it but still it wants to stall when you get to full bore and sometimes it doesn't do it but most of the time it does. what is the problem with it? HELP!! thank you!

i checked everything... the glow plug is good, its glows bright!

Any idea what the head temps are? Could be lean or rich on the HSN. Either way and it will either stall or bog at WOT. Normally, if it's rich, it will sound all blubbery and spit fuel out. If it's lean, it will "bog" and hesitate and possibly eventually stall while it burns out the glow plug.

i have no idea what the head temps are? i adjusted the idle screw , the fuel/ air screw everything. when i think i got it, it stalls out! sometimes it runs perfect but you have really keep yur eye on it when running it!

Sounds like a tuning issue. I would recomend putting the 2.5r in it. I had one in mine and it was insane!!

i have no idea what the head temps are? i adjusted the idle screw , the fuel/ air screw everything. when i think i got it, it stalls out! sometimes it runs perfect but you have really keep yur eye on it when running it!

Well, if the plug is still glowing bright, that pretty much rules that out as being the issue. The best way to fix the issue is to do some test runs, simple back and forth runs going up to WOT. Make sure to to have the high speed needle mixture screw set to be on the rich end. Do a few runs so its at a constant engine temp. Bring it in and lean out the HSN by an 1/8th of a turn at a time. It may not seem like much of an adjustment but it speaks volumes as far as engine output is concerned. Once you reach the spot where it gets the highest output and starts stalling again, richen the mixture by an 1/8th of a turn. It may take a while to do this, but you'll be spot on with the needle settings for future use.
However, if its still bogging there could be an air leak around the carb, since it is 4 years old, it may not be a bad idea to tear the engine apart and do a general cleaning/inspection. Its worth the effort to save the cash on a new power plant. Good luck man!