Traxxas Nitro Sport Shock Mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamLosiNXT

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have noticed that my Nitro Sport has been a little saggy lately. I was looking on ebay and some other sites to see if i could find a new set of springs. I found a set of 8 T-Maxx Shocks and Springs. I won them for like 20 bucks and just got them today. I put them on and the back are the same from the T-Maxx and the Nitro Sport. The front a shorter on the Nitro Sport. I did put the T-Maxx ones on but it was too stiff and they were compressed too much. I then put the T-Maxx Springs on the Nitro Sport shocks. It is still compressed but it doesn't seem as still and they have more travel. I dont think they are going to work for the front but does anyone have some suggestions on what i should do? Here are some pics of the Stock and T-Maxx ones

Last edited:
well you could get some 1/10 scale stadium front shocks and that will fix your problem they are a little shorter then the tmaxx shocks and they are ment for a lighter car or truck.

I did manage to pick up a used Nitro Sport for 20 bucks and it had some nice front springs on it. I just changed the valving and oil in the stock shocks and it works real nice now. The T-Maxx stock shocks and springs work fine in the back so i will leave them.

I have been trying to found a shock longer then 100mm or 4". Anyone know where to find one or what RC uses a shock that long? 100mm was the longest I could find.