traxxas nitro sport engine swap, advice needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takenguitar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so heres the deal I'm pretty new to the rc world and have recently destroyed the motor in my truck. i have a nitro sport with the trx 15 wich is now inoperable. i need to do an engine swap but am noy sure wich engine to go with. i have had many recomendations but am looking for more. the engines that i have had recomended are the O.S. 18, a conversion to a ofna 26 picco ,
and a trx 25. out of these wich would be the better motor and wich we be the easiest to swap in, as far as keeping the cluth ,ez start ect. and if anyone has ant other recomendations for engines please let me know. thanks in advance.

i did an os .15cv in my nitro sport. i had to do some modding to the engine mount for it to fit but i got it in there.

I'm pretty sure a TRX 2.5R and OS 18, OS 21, and the Picco 26 should all accept the Clutch and CB assembly. plus the EZ start and or TRX pull start. only the picco needs a new motor mount of of those 4

i would say your easies/cheapest way to go would be calling traxxas and sending in your TRX 15 for the new 2.5R or even a TRX 3.3

i would say around $100-$150 for doing that

Back