Traxxas Maxx shock repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ickibob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got back into the rc hobby. And picked up a Traxxas Maxx. I broke a part of the front shock that hold the spring on the bottom of the piston. I can't seem to find just this one part that broke. I bought a rebuilt kit #8962 kit but does not include the part I need. Traxxas wants $60 for two new shocks but I don't want to spend that much. And what do I need to measure to figure out how long these shocks are?

I recently got back into the rc hobby. And picked up a Traxxas Maxx. I broke a part of the front shock that hold the spring on the bottom of the piston. I can't seem to find just this one part that broke. I bought a rebuilt kit #8962 kit but does not include the part I need. Traxxas wants $60 for two new shocks but I don't want to spend that much. And what do I need to measure to figure out how long these shocks are?
Have you looked at the diagrams for your truck? https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/89076-4_TQi_explodedviews_200513_89076-4 Front Assembly.jpg

Post a picture of what you’re talking about, pictures usually make it easier for us to help. But just going off of your description of the part that holds the spring on, I’m thinking the lower spring retainer and it should be included with #8964.

Back