Traxxas maxx giving me headaches

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnycooks

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I installed a max 8 and everything was fine until I shredded the pinion gear. Now i put a hew 24 in and I'm getting this crazy sound on full throttle.. I can't figure out wtf is the deal. Anyone? Is it a mesh? situation? Now I've shredded 2 more pinions. I have the pin set on the motor mount correct. I dunno what I did wrong

So I installed a max 8 and everything was fine until I shredded the pinion gear. Now i put a hew 24 in and I'm getting this crazy sound on full throttle.. I can't figure out wtf is the deal. Anyone? Is it a mesh? situation? Now I've shredded 2 more pinions. I have the pin set on the motor mount correct. I dunno what I did wrong
I have bent the cushdrive/spur gear shaft before and sounded like that.

Might cause pinion issues too.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind
What type gears you running? You should pick up hardened steal gears. Still running motor motor? Most likely your gear mesh is why to tight. Or to loose. Have you tried using a slice of paper to set your gears. Old school style but very good quick way to set mesh.
Welcome to RCT by the way bud.
The stock gears are crap. If the mesh isn't spot on. You will tear threw gears everytime.

Back