Traxxas m41 boat trailer build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm going to try my building a boat trailer for my Traxxas m41 cat.
Picked up 3/8 square wood stock and number 4 wood screws. So far measures 4ft 4 long and 10.5 wide

About to start building the upper section the boat will sit on any recommendation are more then welcome not sure how to go about it.

Also stuck on wheels and axels to put on it and how to mount them, suspension would be cool but not a must.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 1,098
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 906
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 782
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 983
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 2,430
I'm going to try my building a boat trailer for my Traxxas m41 cat.
Picked up 3/8 square wood stock and number 4 wood screws. So far measures 4ft 4 long and 10.5 wide

About to start building the upper section the boat will sit on any recommendation are more then welcome not sure how to go about it.

Also stuck on wheels and axels to put on it and how to mount them, suspension would be cool but not a must.

Cool , ...A true RC addict!.....:thumbs-up:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 575
Cool build. Looks like you're off to a good start. I can't wait to see it finished. A revolt 30 just came up on my craigs for a good price. Been debating picking it up.

Progress pictures, I cheated and mounted stand supports instead of building my own boat supports. Happy though

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 733
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 696
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 654
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
More progress, still adding another axel and waiting on hitch parts and redo finish steps on front of trailer

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Little more progress

Thanks every one! A lot of work put into it for being a simple build. Didn't expect it to be as hard as it was. But functionally works perfect! I love it

I built my m41 trailer from stuff i got at O. S. H for $15. Got working lights front,rear,underneath.

IMG_20180504_204237.jpg

Back