Traxxas Jato and Rain

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedAudi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone, as a newcomer to the nitro scene, i wanted to ask a newb question. Today it rained here in Texas pretty lightly, and after picking up some new tires from my LHS i came inside to put them on to the Jato. I looked outside and the road was drying up a bit, but there was still water on the road. Long story short i took the truck and did a couple of high speed passes and brought it back in for further inspection, there was not a significant sign of water on the servos but more like 4 to 5 drops. I did a range test and everything seemed to be in working order, am i just taking things overboard by overthinking if i messed anything up or am i good?

You'd know if you messed anything up. The servo(s) would either go wild or stop working all together.

Eventuly youll screw somthing up if you like wet weather running visit one of the boat sites learn how to waterproof your reciver that would be most likly to get damaged:D (water resistant)

Last edited:
Yea, they arent "waterPROOF" but they can get a lil water on the servo casing, and reciever box. WaterRESISTANT is more like it

Thanks for all the replys. Tested the steering servo's and throttle servo's and they seem to functioning correct. Anything i should be worried about for the motor? Did the regular after run procedure, and tilted it over to make sure any remaining water was drained out. Nothing else i should i worry about?

Back