traxxas jato 3.3, good or bad?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCpunisher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
the jato 3.3 really looks like a good car, well it does on youtube. but what i want to know is, is the traxxas jato 3.3 really a god car? i already have a HPI hellfire and savage 4.6. i was looking to step up to something faster. i hear that its total crap in dirt, but thats nothing that new tires can't fix right? I'm a hardcore, well semi-hardcore rc driver, so i can handle the fastest of the fast, so is the jato really as great as it sounds?oh and i race in dirt and on the street and i do jumps and a little bit of bashing, so i do a little bit of everything. so is the traxxas jato 3.3 really a good car? if you dont think so, then what would you recommend?
thanks a lot!:D

I think it's really good with the right setup. With stock tires, it's total crap off road.

With RPM arms, it's pretty durable.

Brakes suck though. I've found a few choices to make that better. Hot racing makes a dual brake kit or you can finagle something with a second set of stock parts to run dual brakes.

I put new era 17mm adapters on mine for the wheels so I could run buggy wheels/tires to give me more ground clearance for running in grass. Works pretty good. I currently have a set of OFNA stadium truck tires on it in the rear and so far, they are the best for bashing but worst for braking due to the extra rotational mass.

I have a very heavily modifed aftershock and Savage. I honestly drive my jato more than both combined, if that tells you anything ;).

I just got a jato(used) and i like real fast but it came with a 2.5 that had no comp.so i went to lhs looked through the old scrap parts and found a sleeve that worked with my piston.so i could run it.I like mine alot and have a OS 18 TZ on the way to replace the 2.5 trax motor.this will be interesting.But as far as i can tell the anacondas are crap for off road and seem to be alright for onroad.And yes the brakes suck badly.I will have to try one of the set ups olds said to do.But IMO yes very nice truck.