traxxas ez start 2. fit any engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonstrousMikey

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just ordered a used duratrax maximum st with a traxxas pro .15 it comes with the easy start system but not the handle thing tht the battery pack goes in. so I can't buy that one part without buying both pieces the stick thing and on board pieces. my question is will the ez strt sys. screw into any engines backplate holes? ex if I wantd to put it on my k5.9 or any other replacement engine I might swap the pro .15 for. or does it fit only traxxas engines.

traxxas engines would be the best since it was made for them only prob with using it with others is the owb and if it will fit

I would be leery about using the ez start on anything bigger than a .18(or whatever a 3.3 works out to be). The motor shafts are fairly weak due to their small size. I broke one, abusing it badly I might add, but it broke none the less. Lots of compression on a bigger motor may stress it too much.

traxxas engines would be the best since it was made for them only prob with using it with others is the owb and if it will fit

That's a little confusing, bud.

The Easy start will fit any traxxas engine..

alright. so any traxxas engine. and probably not any others i understand. thank you. guess ill be buying the biggest traxxas engine they offer.

That would be a 3.3 from traxxas . However it does fit on the picco .26.

i know it does fit a pico .18 i have it on one of my maxx'z

The back plate screws will line up on all the Traxxas engines and all the engines in the OS TM Max series, .18 TM, .18TM/TZ and the .21TM. Also the Picco .26 Maxx, Sirio .27. FYI there are a lot of engines it will line up on such as the Savage .25 but they have clearance issues and limited strength (plastic gearbox) so be selective on what you try to use it on.