Traxxas E-Z Start???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Kool

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm an old school pull start guy...that is until I purchased my savage with the roto start system(I love it). Well , before this I had bought a used 4-tec and took off the EZ start and put on a pull start , for a few reasons , 1 because it seemed to free up a lot of space and 2 because I wasn't at the mercy of a battery pack. BUT now after using my roto start I want to put the EZ start back on my 4 tec. Anyone out there have some input on which is better??? Thanks.

If you have the 4-tec tuned right and are happy with it I would leave the pull start, if you do go back to the EZ-start ditch the glow plug wire and keep using the ignitor. If you keep the pull start you will save yourself the weight of the starter motor as well as the headache of the Traxxas starter wands.

Wow Shrode , I didn't think I could do that. So what do I do ?? Just hook up the EZ start as I normaly would , then just cut off the blue glow plug wire , and almost use it like a roto start with the regular glow plug ignitor?? I run my 4 tek once a week sometimes every two weeks , so it's a long pull start process which gets tiring after a while. But once its started it stays running until I'm out of fuel.

buy a roto start plate for it so u can use the roto start system

Yea, you won't need the blue or yellow wire. You can either cut the wires or remove them by pinching the prongs on the plug and pulling them out, they have a special tool for it. Tmaxxman58 has a good point, if you don't mind throwing some money down HPI makes a back plate for the 3.3 that will allow you to use the roto start.

Yea, you won't need the blue or yellow wire. You can either cut the wires or remove them by pinching the prongs on the plug and pulling them out, they have a special tool for it. Tmaxxman58 has a good point, if you don't mind throwing some money down HPI makes a back plate for the 3.3 that will allow you to use the roto start.

Well , it's a 2.5 . Will it still work? Is there enough clearance for the roto start and does it just replace the pull start mechanism?

yea it will still work, the 2.5 and the 3.3 share starters. As far as clearance you will have to look at your car and see, I've never owned or worked on a 4-tec so I'm not sure of the layout. Just looking at pictures, it looks like it'll work.

Back