Traxxas Bandit or Stampede 2wd? - next car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Traxxas Bandit or Stampede 2wd?
Bandit: Heard that the tires aren't good. Also heard it does insane wheelies. So if i get a bandit I will get some street tires like the Traxxas Anaconda or the Duratrax bandito tires. Also a wheelie bar.

Stampede: Better at off-roading. Heard that the talons aren't good. Does wheelies because of the ground clearance. If i get a stampede - get better tires (ProLine Badlands, Trenchers, Duratrax lock up MT) Also a wheelie bar.

Which one?

I did watch a video of the bandit. When he was trying to go for a jump he broke the rear shock tower.

Both trucks have the same shocktower, the bandit has 2 holes drilled for the wing. I have both and am partial to my stampede. The bandit is lighter, with lighter tires and the same power minus gearing. It can be a handful at times.

Bandit: Heard that the tires aren't good. Also heard it does insane wheelies. So if i get a bandit I will get some street tires like the Traxxas Anaconda or the Duratrax bandito tires. Also a wheelie bar.

Stampede: Better at off-roading. Heard that the talons aren't good. Does wheelies because of the ground clearance. If i get a stampede - get better tires (ProLine Badlands, Trenchers, Duratrax lock up MT) Also a wheelie bar.

Which one?

I did watch a video of the bandit. When he was trying to go for a jump he broke the rear shock tower.
Well it all comes down to what you want bud.. as what do you want to do with the RC... using it for jumps and small bashing racing or use it for speed runs... I will always pick a truck over a car any day.. the bandit tou limited to what you can do with it and go... the peed you can go anywhere and jump it all day... but it comes down to what you like and how your going to use it bud👍👍

I have both the Stampede 2wd and 4x4. Both are a kick in the butt to run and yes the 2wd wheelies like a mo fo.

IMO the bandit sucks. Either get the Stampede or the Rustler.
The only reason I liked mine is its light weight, and acellerates fast with sct tires. If you do buy the rustler, the bandit is a pinion, wheels, arms and links away plus a body.

Which one?

Traxxas Bandit with Stampede parts

Traxxas rustler x bandit x stampede combo, running canyon all-terrain tires mounted backwards

Of the two, I'd go with the stampede. But like someone else mentioned, it's more about what you want to do with it. I've had both, still have the stampede. It's held up great.

That all being said, jmho, but 2wd cars are kinda boring to me unless your on a track. 4wd is better at...well...everything.

I know that the post owner may have already taken his decision and bought one of these or another one.

This response might be useful for anyone that wants to have an answer

But here is the thing...

There are a lot of factors to decide which one you need

Other than the technical stuff like the tires and the shocks, the first thing you need to ask is whether this RC car will be convenient for your environment or not.

If you have a big garden, for example, the Traxxas Stampede is a great choice to unleash the full power of that beast without worrying about breaking it with a wall or hitting someone.

The bandit may be a good choice if you have limited space. Maybe you have kids and you don't want to have something as big as the Stampede to be in your house to prevent accidents.

These things are important to think of.

On the other hand, if you're asking for performance, the bandit 2WD and Stampede 2WD have the same motor. They have also the same aftermarket parts.

The difference occurs in the shape that helps with the aerodynamics as well as the easiness of controlling the RC car. This means you won't have any problems getting the aftermarket parts in case something broken (because they will which is something normal)

There are a lot of other factors to think about but these are the essentials.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that your heart and gut want one of these, if so, just go for it.

Wish you the best!

Back