Traxxas 4s lipo charging problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewalt Drill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
i just got a X-Maxx it came with 2 Traxxas 6700mah 25c 4s batteries i had a Traxxas ez-peak plus from my slash and the 4s batteries don't fit they have different connectors from all my other Traxxas lipos that i got the charger for and i can't find anything about them do i have to get a higher power charger for these? if so i might just sell them

Do they have the old Traxxas connectors? If not, what connectors are on there? If your charger has Traxxas connectors and the batteries something else then just solder up some adapters or go on Ebay/AliExpress and order a Traxxas to XXXX connector type. Post up some pics of the charger and battery. If your charger is a Traxxas ID only charger then I'm not sure if you can balance non-Traxxas ID batteries on it. Traxxas ID batteries can be charged on a non-ID charger if you get the balance breakout adapter.

image.jpg

Do they have the old Traxxas connectors? If not, what connectors are on there? If your charger has Traxxas connectors and the batteries something else then just solder up some adapters or go on Ebay/AliExpress and order a Traxxas to XXXX connector type. Post up some pics of the charger and battery. If your charger is a Traxxas ID only charger then I'm not sure if you can balance non-Traxxas ID batteries on it. Traxxas ID batteries can be charged on a non-ID charger if you get the balance breakout adapter.

View attachment 128194
I don't think that they are older connecters maybe just higher power idk they look like this though

Attachments

• 16238880254291654733939316573001.jpg
    16238880254291654733939316573001.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 16238880446424639282277297761111.jpg
    16238880446424639282277297761111.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 16238880546465339567989750793843.jpg
    16238880546465339567989750793843.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 89
Those appear to be the Traxxas ID connectors. The Traxxas ez-peak plus should work just fine for those lipos, unless you have some sort of older ez-peak that was made before the new Traxxas ID plugs came out. If thats the case you're gonna need to make/buy an adapter.

i think i found out something it looks like the Traxxas ez-peak live 12 amp would fit just fine i don't have it though :(

i think i found out something it looks like the Traxxas ez-peak live 12 amp would fit just fine i don't have it though :(
Yeah I'm betting you have the one that was made before the ID plugs. If thats the case then youll need to make/buy an adapter.

Yeah I'm betting you have the one that was made before the ID plugs. If thats the case then youll need to make/buy an adapter.
Maybe but the batteries say traxxas ID on them so idk I'm not really familiar with traxxas batteries i wouldn't normally use them but these were free

It appears the ez-peak plus is only for 2S-3S packs, not 4S, so they may have made the plug a different shape so it won't plug in. Yet the larger charge would accept the smaller packs as it's likely reverse compatible.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/chargers/2970ezpeakplus4ampid

QUICK FEATURES ON EZ-PEAK PLUS (#2970) CHARGER
  • Recognizes Traxxas iD® batteries to automatically
    program and optimize charger settings
  • Charge progress indicator
  • Optimized for faster LiPo balance charging
  • One button LiPo storage charge protects your battery investment
  • Advanced high-resolution peak detection delivers a perfect charge
  • Easy to use interface
  • Built-in cooling fan
  • Advanced Mode for full manual control of charger settings
  • Legacy support for all Traxxas High-Current Connectors
  • Built-in balance ports for conventional LiPo batteries
  • Charges 5-8-cell NiMH batteries
  • Charges 2s and 3s LiPo batteries

It appears the ez-peak plus is only for 2S-3S packs, not 4S, so they may have made the plug a different shape so it won't plug in. Yet the larger charge would accept the smaller packs as it's likely reverse compatible.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/chargers/2970ezpeakplus4ampid

QUICK FEATURES ON EZ-PEAK PLUS (#2970) CHARGER
  • Recognizes Traxxas iD® batteries to automatically
    program and optimize charger settings
  • Charge progress indicator
  • Optimized for faster LiPo balance charging
  • One button LiPo storage charge protects your battery investment
  • Advanced high-resolution peak detection delivers a perfect charge
  • Easy to use interface
  • Built-in cooling fan
  • Advanced Mode for full manual control of charger settings
  • Legacy support for all Traxxas High-Current Connectors
  • Built-in balance ports for conventional LiPo batteries
  • Charges 5-8-cell NiMH batteries
  • Charges 2s and 3s LiPo batteries
Good call Olds...I totally didnt even think about looking to see what sized lipos it could charge.

Back