Traxxas 4-tec 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroghost

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a 4-tec that I changed the wheels from rubber to foam to get better traction. In doing to the break keeps melting. the engine is only getting to 220 F. So I dont think it is too much heat from it. Does any one know of a after market to change it to or how to help with the problem?

Last edited:
Sounds like your breaks are dragging, make sure the linkage is adjusted right.

the link was not pulling and to insure the plates were not on the disk. I used a pen spring in the bolts to keep them off of the roder. The problem starts when I am doing high speed runs and stop. I used a vented roder with the same problem. It is not the carbon disk that is giving out but the plastic mount it is on that gives out. I am hoping on finding a metal one.

+1 on Smaxxin's post; make sure you have no dragging at idle (with the engine not running, of course). The car should roll freely. When you start to move the trigger towards brake, that's when you should start to get some drag.

edit; for hopup parts for any Traxxas car, look in the original manual (or www.rcdocuments.com if you don't have it), then add an X to the end. For example, TRX1441 is a stock part, TRX1441X is an aftermarket part. Then input that into towerhobbies' search and if the part exists, it'll come up. Hope that helps!

Back