transportaion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
I am sure this question/topic has been beat to smithereens - feel free to shoot me a link to the thread.

I wonder - when you guys take your RC's and go somewhere, how do you transport the RC and tools and spare parts, chargers, batteries and such? I'm sure we don't leave it all in our vehicle in a motel parking lot either, do we?

It's actually a good topic with interesting responses. I have a 4 door Tundra so I put the back seat up and put my rigs there. I keep all of my Lipo's in the Lipo bag and the bags in a metal ammo box just like I store them.
I use a large fishing tackle box with my tools and some extra parts.

i have a Dewalt drill bag (yes i know) i put a bin of spare hardware a charger spares and tools maybe a battery and for the car goes in the trunk if its a 1/10th scale might go in the back seat but I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say this a 1/8th or 1/5th off road car is going in the trunk

If you are talking going on an overnight trip or vacation, I would camoflauge them as best you can but would be hesitant to leave then in an unattended vehicle. For just hauling them to a place to bash I just toss 'em in the back of the minivan. I have a case for my radios, an ammo can for my batteries and a tackle box for tools and misc. Parts for field repairs.

Lipos are left overnight on patio or in truck bed. At my house, i leave everything but trucks in. Traveling everything goes inside.

Transport, inside truck or bike locked in truck bed. I have a large stanley toolbox I can literally put 5 or 6 cars in tmaxx to touring, and also have a jconcepts bsckpack for a one truck plus extra wheels and parts. Maybe two trucks in there.

My stampede, if I run in the store, I bike lock my arms and flm chassis to the inside of the fullsize on a metal loop.

Back