Tranny binds

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My tranny binds. The spur gear when turned the direction it normally goes binds for about 1/8th or a turn about every 1 1/2 turns. I took the tranny apart and it does not appear to have any messed up gears in any way. Any suggestions?

Pirata, I had the same, on idle the spur gear would catch and stop at a certain point. Also I knew somthing was very wrong with the tranny as the truck wouldn't go backwards. LOL
But could you have say just one single damaged tooth on a grear that you didn't notice?
You would obviously have noticed something like this!
Pic of my trashed tranny
gear.jpg

I have a single nick out of the side of one tooth but it should not be enough to make the thing bind.

After several hours of work on my tranny I found that it was nearly hopeless to go out and bash with Sky as much as I wanted to. Sorry, I am a wuss.

No problem...I'd rather you fixed the tranny and had a better session the next time, than spend the day drivin' for nothing.

If you don't get it fixed for next weekend, let me know what you need, and I'll see if Debbie's has it in stock. Then maybe I can come your way with parts or you can come down here and get them; then we could bash.

Last edited:
Back