Track in Ohio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypedonrc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The local track I go to is indoor, and closed in the summer, so I am starting this thread for anyone to make posts about tracks in Ohio.

Ohio

hey where are you located? i just got into r/c about 2 weeks ago and i just go to the supermarket parking lot as i dont know anywhere else to go.

I'm in the Columbus area. The track I spoke of that is indoor is only open in the winter, and is located at the Franklin County fair grounds in Hilliard. The web site is CRCRC.com I think.

hopefully soon we will have a local track here in garfield heights on in the general area. my LHS is working a deal to secure some land to get a track together. I'm not sure of the progress to their efforts but i offered my support. I'm going to see if i can't actively get involved to make it happen.

Excuse the typo's, I'm getting over a cold and I'm being lazy

Driving through Athens last week I spotted a small offroad set-up some dude had in his yard. Kinda far away for you Cleveland guys but close to Columbus, added bonus it's a college town.

Just a little info for any of you Buckeyes interested.

Mr T

Hey guys, I live near Indy but wouldn't mind a drive now and then to check out some other tracks. I think Columbus is about 2 hours drive and I know some people around there. On or off road.

Off road at the barn. I'll post on here when they open for the winter. There is also a small onroad in Grove City. It is just some pipe in a Kmart parking lot, but the cool thing is that if they aren't racing anyone can go anytime. Well, at least dawn to dusk anyway.

NE Ohio Racetrack

The track we've been going to is a drive, but well worth it. I live in Streetsboro (about 35 miles SE of Cleveland) and the track is WAY up in NE Ohio, near Ashtabula. BUT, it's WORTH every second of the drive.

K and B Racetrack in Kingsville is run by a board of directors consisting of five people, NOT your local hobby shop. The reason I mention this, is because they're interested in seeing you race your vehicle, not buy replacement parts! The track is (and I'm guessing here) about 35-40' wide by about 50-60' long. Here are a couple of pics (not the best as I didn't think I'd find a post for Ohio tracks!)

0.jpg

1.jpg

Racing is every Sunday. They're starting practice at 11 am and Racing starts at noon. To get to K&B take I-90 to Route 193 exit (Kingsville is near Ashtabula so whereever you're at, head towards Ashtabula)...Take Route 193 south about three miles and the track is on the right (West) side of the road just past the Gageville United Methodist Church.

By the way, they're having a TROPHY race on August 15th, and they are a part of the RCN organization, so if you're looking for points, the next points race is August 29th.

Like I said, it's a haul. I live about 3/4 of a mile from the Aurora, OH line and we drive up every Sunday... it's WORTH IT! Happy Racing!!!

that's freakin awesome Suz! If I wasn't workin tomorrow I'd go up just to check it out. I head up that way quite frequently to the Mentor hobbytownUSA. maybe next weekened though... Thanks a lot and welcome to the forum!

It's about 45 minutes (maybe an hour tops) away from Mentor. Well worth the drive.

:)

phew! so it's like 1 1/2 hours from here eh? that IS a hall. Well, I'll see what next Sunday brings and If I'm free i'll check it out...

Looks like a nice track SuZ. On average, how many people would you say race each Sun? Is there a fee? Do they have a website? I use to live in Aurora, and Kent. Still have family in Kent. Might make a good weekend trip. That is if I could get a Sat off with out somthing to do already. Can you go there other days of the week to bash? I don't care about points, or trophies. Just a track to race others on.

Oh yeah, how late in the year are they open?

I'm guessing there's about 40-50 that race regularly. There's a big trophy race next weekend (August 15th), so I expect it'll be pretty full. I know they're going until at least October because of the RCN Points and all. Racing is $12 ($10 if you're a member of the track). I don't have a CLUE if they're open during the week or at any other time, but you can e-mail them at [email protected] and they'll respond pretty quick. We're in Streetsboro, and it takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get there up I271 to I90. Worth the trip though... must be because we go up every Sunday. :smoke: Oh yeah, no website yet, they're working on one though.

I'm definately gonna head up there n check it out. But damn, next Sunday is Watkins Glen.... hmmm.... I dunno. :shrug:

I'll have to tape Watkins Glen. Brother and niece won tickets on the finish line... Have to see if I can see them.

Not going to miss the trophy race for anything though. This one's gonna be fun! Anyone interested can contact [email protected] for more info. Practice starts at 11. :)

It would almost have to be a holiday weekend that I would get Monday off. Supose they would be open on a holiday weekend?

They're open EVERY Sunday during the summer, through at least October 3rd (the last RCN points race is 10/3). They're working on a web-site (it's not completed yet) but the message forum is up and the e-mail address works. The beta site is at www.kandbracetrack.tk if anyone wants to visit. We HOPE to have pictures up from this weekend's trophy race by Monday or Tuesday.

Well, I took this weekend off work so I'm gonna head up there tomorrow and check out the scene. It'll be the first organized racing I attend so I'm lookin forward to checkin it out.

Back