TP motors vs Castle motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC MAN

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering people thoughts on how castles motors compare to TP motors and vice versa.

Imo opinion i think TP is better but i would love to hear some more opinions on that.😀

Cheers,

I have run both motors never had a issue with those 2 I have had issues with castle bec being weak and failing had more issue back in the days of brushed (trinity mostly. very few issues these days as long as you stay in limits listed ..

I have run both motors never had a issue with those 2 I have had issues with castle bec being weak and failing had more issue back in the days of brushed (trinity mostly. very few issues these days as long as you stay in limits listed ..
Thanks for the response!

Do you think there is a difference between the 2?

Cheers,
😀

I think when they are probably pretty evenly matched, you should factor in pricing, and customer service. These days unless you go with the cheapest or most expensive guys, most are going to be comparable.

I think when they are probably pretty evenly matched, you should factor in pricing, and customer service. These days unless you go with the cheapest or most expensive guys, most are going to be comparable.
Thanks for the advise!

Much appreciated😀

A to B brand motors might say same kv or turns but real life hands on has told me no id take TP over castle(du to not being a castle fan to many failures thru the years)

A to B brand motors might say same kv or turns but real life hands on has told me no id take TP over castle(du to not being a castle fan to many failures thru the years)
Okay, good thing i went with mostly tp motors then😂

Thanks for the response!

Interesting! If this is TP motors as described above https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=common/home then I wonder why how good they are? They are still made in China just like Castle Motors but on the surface they look great. Their KV vs battery cell count is much better or more aggressive then Castles and they don't say if they are have a sensor or not.

Back