Towerhobbies Monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get something that you can find parts for at a local track hobby shop.
This way if you wreck during a race and need a part, well ......
Or even out bashing and something breaks, you can run to the LHS and get what you need.
I know you don't want one, just stating my opinion.

To be honest, it looks like the mutant child that lives under the stairs of a Savage and a Tmaxx.

That being said; it's a definate passer. I've worked on countless "Tower Hobbies" branded cars, and honestly, the overall quality is almost right there with Duratrax. The engines tend to wear out fast, sometimes the cars are designed with a wierd geartrain (the ST10 is a wonderful example), and sometimes, the plastic is weaker than Losis' "Stiffizel" carbonfiber/plastic composite.

Its the rims that keep reminding me of the big monster trucks behind the glass at toys R us.

Co-worker bought an ST-15 for his kid after I told him over and over he's making a mistake. Since he and I don't see eye to eye he did it anyway, now he won't own up to the fact that he made a huge mistake. It's worse than duratrash, it breaks every time and he has to order the parts and to top it off, when he has to find the parts they (Tower) doesn't even know what the numbers are.

I guess they have to cater to the cheap crowd too......

If all I could aford was 300.00 bux, I would look into a used Revo, Tmaxx, and or a Savy. I really don't mind waiting around for parts, since my LHS doesn't carry jack for any of my trucks....including damn fuel :flaming: But thats another story. Anyhow, you're simply better off with one of the above mentioned trucks since they got a proven record and an almost unlimited aftermarket parts supply.

Ray

I'll give it that much; the fuel tank is ginormous!!!! I wonder what kind of half tank lean it goes thru?

Back