touring car/ Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnage_uk

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys, Tonight I decided to spend abit of time on my 1/10 kyosho, after abit of tinkering I came to the conclusion its wrecked! So I stripped it and now all that is left is the chassis and suspension. I am getting some high torque servos cus the stock ones were puny. I am also looking for an engine, I will have a spare 15fe soon but its abit underpowered so I was thinking 21bb ! what do you think? This thing would be crossed between a touring car and a buggy with no shell and possibly a roll cage. Could this be done? have you got any other ideas, realy cool ones that may be impractical, This will be my second car and not my 'racing car' so I want the cool factor.

Cheers for any help

1/10 Kyosho?? What you want to turn it into sounds kewl. But what did it start life as?

I don't know !!! I bought it of a m8 and thats how I got into rc but he had very little info on it and I haven't found any more, it was rtr and had an evo shell its definately 1/10 but is fairly high in comparison to my rs4. It had a gx12 mill which was fairly average.

Any more ideas, would the .21bb definately fit and would it break teeth of the gears. how fast do you think it would go if it was 1 speed? 50mph+ I reckon.

Hmmmm Sounds like the Kyosho TR15....

If you try to put a .21 in ANY .12 or .15 ride I'm sure you will have to change outt he engine mounts and possibly run into problems in getting the clutch bell to line up with the spur gear. This is because the .21 is just a larger engine so you have to move things around a bit to accomodate.

To go fast with a single speed you would have to set the gearing pretty high. If you do get the .21 to fit then I dont think this would be a problem for the fact that it will have tons more tourque than any 15. BUT the biggest thing to watch out for is the much higher center of gravity the ride will have because of the larger engine. Might just make it always wanna tip over in a turn.

Back