Torque control slipper upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My torque control slipper upgrade came this morning fed ex along with my new wheel bearings and hubs. Now i can get the maxx back up and running. Still waiting on my new 2.5R. It will be here today or tomorrow. The only problem is the 3.3 i broke the rod in goes on the maxx so now I'm gonna oder a davids diesel rod along with a upgraded camshaft and bearings piston and sleeve kit and after its built I'm getting an aftermarket performance cooling head for it. Its gonna be a little bit before i have the money for it all but I've already broken it all down and cleaned it up and have it ready for new parts as they come. :D:D

I think you need the newer input shaft to use the new slipper.

The torque control slipper upgrade comes with the required shaft and input gears.

Yep came with everything but tools and i have that covered.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Soon as have enough painkillers in my system to be able to get up and moving i will get to work on installation. Poor maxx bas been neglected for a week or so. I robbed a wheel bearing and hub off it to use on my revo so now i need to fix her back right again.

i think your spending your money on useless upgrades firsy thing you should buy is aluminum bulks to go with your rpm arms and servo upgrade the black transmission is a good trans esp. for a newbie spur gears cost like 3.00 put a foc kit and call it good

---------- Post added at 1:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:27 PM ----------

and i wouldnt put any money in that 3.3 you will have a 120.00 dollars in it by the time your done if you cracked the rod you probley scratched the sleave and ruined the bearings,I think u can get a dynimite 2.19 for that or a os18 much better engines

Why iz it spending useless money when it was $25 and i had to have it to even run the dang truck. The old slipper wouldnt even let it engage in gear. And yes the torque control slipper fixed the problem. As far as all the chasis upgrades i fully plan to do so in the future but first things first! I need a damn motor that runs that hasnt already had 100 tanks of fuel run in it and worn it out which is the case with both my trucks. I just got in as I'm typing ups my new 2.5r for the revo. Now ican send the old one off to traxxas for a trade in. And the 3.3 is an extra engine that i will be able to build how i wish. And no it did not screw up the bearings they are fine. I've disasymbled the entire engine inspected it and cleaned it. Its fine it just needs a new sleev and piston and connecting rod. So now that you know the situation do you still think i spent sencless money? $450 invested so far in two complete trucks. A 4910 tmaxx and a 5310 revo the 3.3 was on the maxx and revo had a 2.5r that needs a new piston and sleeve kit and now i have a whole new 2.5r to install and break in. Its gonna cost $90 plus my old 2.5 to get another new one to put on the maxx unless i sell it as a roller with the slipper upgrade and a new tank and all servos stock. May take offers cause i like the revo better

I'm just telling you to be careful when you get in this hobbie you will wast alot of money we all got drawers full of needless parts

---------- Post added at 6:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:51 PM ----------

and you could prop. fixed ur problem with new 2.00 rubber pegs

Well thanks for the advice and i know there is alot to learn. Alluminium bulkheads are actually my next purchase for the maxx. My front bumper is barely hanginh on due to the mounting point at the bulkheads broken when i got it. There are alot of chasis upgrades i need for it. The revo on the other hand is fine so far. Just installed the new motor and grabbed a bite to eat while the packs charged and I'm gonna start the breakin this eve but wont finish breakin till tomorrow. Starting to get dark now

I've never owned a revo these tmaxxas kepe following me home. i have been saving for a gasser and prob never touch a tmaxx agian

I will more than likely keep it there is alot i want to do to it little by little it will be a bad azz maxx eventually. But i just love the revo and its alot more fun to drive. I got the first tank breakin on the new engine this eve. Gonna finish the bremin starting in the morn. Probly gonna buy another 2.5R off the same seller on ebay next month. Hell its the same price as trade in and i keep my old one to rebuild later for another spare.

You oughta consider a dynamite .19. Roughly the same price as a Trx mill and much more reliable. Traxxas engines can be finicky and are really bottom of the barrel.

Dynamite .19 use the same mounts or different? In the tmaxx that is.

---------- Post added at 8:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:30 AM ----------

Better yet what about the clutchbell and pads assymbly off the front of the .19 will the traxxas assymbly transfer to it?

Drops right in, everything swaps over. The only thing I don't like is how the Trx air filter fits, the .19's carb is narrower so the filter HAS to be ziptied really tight. I lost my filter during my last bash session, I replaced it with a Dynamite filter that fits really nice, I will put it to the test this weekend.

Back