Torq .12

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt-Kirk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Would anyone have a crankcase for a Duratrax torq .12 engine that I could have or buy cheap. the mounting lug snapped off mine just as i finished breaking in the new piston and sleeve.:doh:

have you tried drilling it out and rethreading it? All you have to do is go to the local hardware store and by a tap and drill bit combination that matches the size screw size. then all you do is drill the old one out and rethread the hole.

Originally posted by maxxtrac
have you tried drilling it out and rethreading it? All you have to do is go to the local hardware store and by a tap and drill bit combination that matches the size screw size. then all you do is drill the old one out and rethread the hole.

Reading this I think he is saying it busted off the case not the head of the screw
Originally posted by Capt-Kirk
the mounting lug snapped off

X

yep big hole in the side of the case.
$18 from tower or $22 from the LHS
But i just hat to spend another dime on the darn thing

$25 P/S
$25 header and pipe
$35 on pull start
$25 on case
$115 would have gone along way for another motor

any ine got a pic of one because I have an old duratrax engine that has a good case on it the hole for monting the carb has had a bigger screw forced into it but nothin a litle silicone sealant can't fix...

here is a pic of the damage
This case doesn't use a pinch bolt on the carb but 2 side bolts.

Thanks

sorry for the bad focus

Attachments

• p0000001.jpg
    p0000001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 174
How did you do that???? I have that same motor as one of my backups and what u did is weird...

I have a rounded curb in fron of my house and I was jumping it repeatedly.
The impact of the take off pounded the motor mount screws and the last jump was the killter

Can I have your crank case?8-0

Hey Kirk here is an idea I realize how much money you have droped on this thing. You might try ebay see if you can get a used one for 20 bucks or so. That way you would have backups for virtually everything once you got the new p&s installed. X

I would give it to you but it is a differen't engine sorry... (My friend gave it to me and had no clue what it was...) all I know is that I have an engine that says duratrax on the head and has an Os carb on it with the 2 side bolt mounting sytem... I will get pics in a few

Here is that engine

19086709.gif

Not a very good pic but if you look it says 0S
19086717.gif

19086882.gif

Yea I am going to keep banging on ebay for a spare but i will order the new case tomorrow. Thanks for your help guys and keep me in mind if you come across one

Hey Kirk What type of vehicle is this motor in? Answer asap X

dura traxx Maxum ST

Oh I saw on tower they had DURATRAX MAXIMUM BX TORQ12 PB
Works fine; worn trs; msg video, & sm prts S-B for 131.00 if that was the same vehicle that would have been a full backup.. Well we tried. X

cool i will go check it out
I am bidding on a parts BX now for $15 so far
The Maximum serires are just about the same car. Same chassis and tranny just different arms and boddys

Thanks

Are those little cars very tough?
I see on tower they have a .16 maxximum bx for like 150 new without radio. That looks like a pretty good deal just to screw around with if it holds up ok what is your view on it. I know a lot of people talk smack about Diura trax but i would like ot hear froma n owner. Thanks X

well i gotta tell ya.
Get the pro version of what ever you choose. The rear upper camber links flex so much that a dog bone could fall out in a tumble. easily taken care of with a big zip tie.

The Plain chassis is a weak desighn and once the front begins to move or bend it just gets worse. the pro versions have the #35 upgraded hard chassis.

I dont like the chevron tires. they wear too quick.

All the plastic is good stuff and have a 6 mo free replacement warrenty. I havent broken one yet. the shocks are also good stuff

and the .16 can come with a 2 speed tranny.

the .12 carbs are junk but I think OS makes thier .16 and .18 engines.

But for 150 to thrash around in, I'd say do it. I am going to run mine on the oval. It is nice and loose and i am going to try to get it to slide all the way around the turns.

Chuck

Back