Tool Tip #1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCNT VIP
RC Driving Style
Well this is for all of you Nitro folks out there. Just a little blurb on Flywheels and their respective tool, the FlyWheel Wrench.

After cutting a couple of crankshafts and having to change collets, I quickly realized that there is one "must have" tool in your Nitro Toolbox. A FlyWheel wrench. Though there are probably many of manufacturers of these wrenches, I believe two of them to be the best.

1. Mftr Part # 10799 - OFNA FlyWheel Wrench
Click Here To See!

2. Mftr Part # 80951 - Kyosho FlyWheel Wrench
Click Here To See!

Although the OFNA wrench doesn't look as pretty, its price is more appealing and it does the job. This is the one I keep in my box. They retail for around 7 dollars U.S. at most hobby shops. It comes with a lifetime warranty and can be used on 2, 3 and even 4 pin flywheels. It also has a 17mm wheel wrench on the other end.

The Kyosho, although prettier, is a lot more expensive and only works on 2 and 3 pin flywheels. I'm uncertain of its warranty if any. It does however have a 5.5mm and 7mm wrench, which are more useable than the 17mm wheelwrench. The Kyosho also has a 120mm ruler down one side which can come in handy. The retail price on the Kyosho is anywhere from 16-20 dollars U.S..

All in all, using a flywheel wrench will make life a whole lot easier and keep your flywheel looking the way it should. After all, busted knuckles are no fun! These wrenches will greatly reduce the bloodshed.

I give the OFNA a 2 thumbs up! For price, warranty and up to 4 pin use.

Hope this helps! ;)

SkyMaxx

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Active Military
RC Driving Style
Bashing
That is exactly the kind of tool I need to add to my kit...thanks for the research, testing, and finally the posting. Add another $10 to my post bashing spare parts budget (up from $50).

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCNT VIP
RC Driving Style
No Problem! Next tool tip will be on a tuning screwdriver - sounds simple right??? Well, I finall found a good one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FastEddy Fun Cool tool tip. Tools 6
Ç Tool Tip #2 Nitro RC 6
S Losi Raptor Baja Rey tire/wheel changing tool Short Course Trucks 4
HeavyBag Pin Removal Tool Tools 1
K Which hudy bearing removal tool Nitro RC 9