too rich on the LSN?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rak12

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok the outside temps are dropping and I took the 3.3 out for a run. When I stop the truck a few seconds then try to take off it hesitates. I have to open the throttle 1/3 to 1/2 before it responds and moves. My thoughts are that the LSN is too rich and the carb is loading up on fuel. When I open the throttle it allows more air in thus burning up the loaded fuel. Am I correct? At 1/2 + to WOT it runs fine indicating my HSN is probable ok. currently my LSN is flush with the plate.

I would say you're on the right track. Try leaning it about 1/8 of a turn.

thanks for the help, I'm trying to trouble shoot my tuning issues on my own and then get confirmation from more experienced guys. thanks for your help again I'll retune on my next run.

How is it on the pinch test?You dont want to lean it out too much either. It looks to me like you have a good handle on tuning already, but I watched these vids and fouund them to be helpful.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhowthBKYNU&feature=feedf"]RC Engine LSN Tuning (Live demo on tune, rich, lean) -- Vid 8 How to Tune Series - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvlEAWVBEM&feature=feedf"]RC nitro engine HSN tuning with examples of rich, lean, and tuned - Vid 7 How to Tune Series - YouTube[/ame]

I hate having to watch these stupid ads at the beginning of the videos now. Hope this helps.

You'll have to run it on clean blacktop or concrete and see if it shoots nitro out the exhaust when you gun the throttle.
It could also be lean.....Assuming it ran good in warm weather it probably is a hair too lean in the cold. Another way to tell is by letting it idle for 20 seconds and seeing what happens then. If it can idle that long you're probably ok or lean.

Those videos are awesome, they really helped answer alot of questions I had. Thanks for the support. I haven't had a chance to run again, maybe this weekend though. I'll post my findings when I after I run again. Once again to all those that have answered my posts present and past. When it comes to nitro, you guys have taught me most of what I know! :D

Back