Too lazy to scrub tires and wheels before gluing? Toss 'em in the dishwasher!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudordewolf

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I used a couple cooling trays to keep everything together. Brand new tires and wheels, no dirt going into the dishwasher, and they glued perfectly afterward, after a quick drain & drain.

20230520_193527.jpg

I'm a rubbing alcohol guy but interesting nonetheless. Are those traxxas spiked chevrons? What they go to? I got a set for my Nitro Stampede.

I'm a rubbing alcohol guy but interesting nonetheless. Are those traxxas spiked chevrons? What they go to? I got a set for my Nitro Stampede.

That's what I was doing before, with paper towels and q-tips, and just found it too much work / smell.

They're from this listing, $25 shipped for a set of 4, pretty unbeatable price. Nice, stiff foams inside, too. Going to be throwing them on a brushless MT build that'll max out around 30mph, so I didn't need anything name-brand (though SkyRC is a reputable brand, anyway) or belted.

Same here, I use alcohol swabs, but I think the dishwasher can be a huge time saver if you're gluing up more than 4 sets at a time!

Same here, I use alcohol swabs, but I think the dishwasher can be a huge time saver if you're gluing up more than 4 sets at a time!
Who can afford that many tires when there is cf, titanium, and aluminum bits? 🤣

Who can afford that many tires when there is cf, titanium, and aluminum bits? 🤣

$1.80 wheels, $3.70 tires - for $5.50 a set, I couldn't stop myself from stocking up. They're solid wheels & tires too, I've taken them up to 50mph (>6k rpm) and spun out with no blowouts.

Back