tmaxx wont stay running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxmaxx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a 2.5 tmaxx that wont stay running it will start up and run but you drive it like 2 seconds then it dies i replaced the carb and put a different motor and its still doing it I'm thinking its a linkage problem? does anybody else? also is there a place that would show what it should look like

First you have to make sure your idle gap inside the carb is set correctly. with the engine sitting static with the receiver and controller on you should have about .5 to 1mm gap opening inside the carb. Are you making sure the engine is properly primed? Is the glow plug in good condition?

the glow plug is new and it runs fine not on the ground if i hold it and rev it its fine but once it hits the ground and rolls maybe 2 feet and dies and then takes a bit to get it started like i have to re prime it

Is your clutch good? When you try to start it does it try to walk away? If you constantly have to prime it, it is not getting much fuel, witch would mean it is too lean, or if once it dies it is flooded out, then you are too rich, what is the engines condition once it dies? Is it really hot with no fuel on the piston, or is it flooded out?

You may want to do some leak tests, if there is a leak somewhere it can cause problems, either in the gaskets, seals, or bearings, should check and make sure the head is tight and that the copper gasket between the head and engine block is not leaking, as well as any and all seals in the carb, if they are leaking it can cause problems with the fuel mixture as well as vacuum problems when it comes to pulling the fuel into the engine....

Check your fuel lines? If one of the fuel lines going from the fuel tank to the engine has a puncture then that can cause problems as well...

Make sure the line going from your pipe into the top of your tank is hole free, as well as a fresh glow plug if your running 20% nitro u need a hot glow plug.

Back