Tmaxx with carb problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewstmaxx33

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi i am new to the fourms, and i have just got my tmaxx 3.3 running. I have been busy with my new dirt bike:first_place:. I buy new gas and the thing was spitting lots of gas so i ran it to operating temp and put all the carb settings to factory. After i did this it was idiling high so i fixed that but the wheels would spin fast (MPH depened on the settings i had put it on) and when brakes were aplied it would stall. Now the thing wont start HELP!:angry::angry::angry::(:\

Try to start it with the wheels off the ground; If the wheels spin when you try, check the engine clutch shoes and spring...

def a good place to start!! try to mess with the needles alittle more to get it started aswell try to richen the lhs a little bit you might have it to lean...

when i go factory setting on my carb i put both lsn and hsn a little rich then lean it out also id pull of your air filter and make sure you have a 2mm gap, and also make sure your trottle line moves free and doesn't hang up on anything

thanks i figured it out

It must be the Fing clutch shoes and springs.:angry: I had got it running but it needs to be at 70/30 throttle setting and with the trim all the way to the left.:\ There is no crack to my knowledge but i will use a soapy water solution to determine that tomorrow:ghost:. The thing bogs at high speeds and overheats sometimes. so i assuming it needs to be richer.:\ But i was launching it off a 2 and a half foot jump today:whhooo:, all i have to say is wow, mad nice suspension and roller over rating.:p: LOL

what did you end up setting the carbs at i am having issues with mine...