TMaxx Reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundevl

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Should I install the reverse kit? I wanted to do some lite riding around the neighborhood but also wanted to race it. Is it going to significantly slow down my TMaxx 3.3? are we just talking milliseconds or more?

Thanks for any help!:D

Reverse does not rob that much speed with the grey transmission…But it does make for a less durable/reliable transmission.

I very seldom see the need for reverse.

you will be much happier if you leave reverse out..

reverse is junk

Ahhh everyone is so quick to bash reverse.. its a matter of opinion really. I rarely use reverse myself, but it's nice to have when you get too close to certain things like buildings. However, I tried to install the reverse in my years ago and the directions werent very good, and the illustrations were too dark to see. I ended up killing that trans and bought on from ebay with reverse installed.

I put reverse in my 3.3 maxx and the only problem I had was the servo that traxxas gives you in the kit is way to weak. and I had my diff's upside down so it made more pressure on the forward fear. I might put it back into one of the 3.3's. Probly the one I have left stock cause that one doesn't get beat to bad.. l.o.l.

like steel city said it is a matter of opinion mostly... I went through it when I was trying to find metal gears for the 3.3 tranny that had reverse in it.. I got a couple messed up opinions, but ohwell..

Forget reverse, I waited a long time to take the reverse out of my maxxes, only regret I had was I did not do it sooner.

I got a ? I have a forward only conversion kit for a 3.3. and need to do thid precedure on my classic with the black tranny. does anyone know if this will work in the classic???

Dont mean to invade a thread, just figured it would be an apropriate ?

I got a ? I have a forward only conversion kit for a 3.3. and need to do thid precedure on my classic with the black tranny. does anyone know if this will work in the classic???

Dont mean to invade a thread, just figured it would be an apropriate ?

Put FOC in a 2.5 classic black trans?? Yeah, I did it, works great!

K I just wanted to make sure that the classic shafts were still gonna bolt up to that new shaft.

Just be sure to get the foc shaft and gear for the .15/2.5 black tranny and you will have no problems.

the kit says for the 3.3 so then it wont work will it?? I didnt think it would because the gearing in the black tranny and the grey tranny are pretty different. and the shafts are different I didnt want to just try it to find out I wanted to see if anyone has done that and found a way to make it work.. But I will probly just wait and get the right kit.

the kit says for the 3.3 so then it wont work will it?? I didnt think it would because the gearing in the black tranny and the grey tranny are pretty different. and the shafts are different I didnt want to just try it to find out I wanted to see if anyone has done that and found a way to make it work.

I use the 3.3 gears in the black tranny often, But only when modifying it. You would need to make modified shaft(s) and you would also still need the stock 26T black tranny FOC gear.

Back