TMaxx in a box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I was rebuilding my shocks and look what happened:

Click here to see my Maxx

Looks like I just couldnt control myself. Eddy knows oh to well, that I have an obsession with a CLEAN Maxx ;)

Click Here to see how a Maxx should be disassembled for cleaning
(bare minimum - I will be stripping it down farther)

Take your time and properly clean you bearrings, knuckles, balls, screws and CVD's as well....
Small parts breakdown here

So much for just redoing the shocks. Which, by the way, look sweet! Check out these progressive springs. Notice the tighter coil on one end.
Shocks Pictured Here

Enjoy!

What a beautiful baby...u r indeed one proud daddy.

Çh®i§tiªñ if I striped mine like that I'd loose half the bits lol.

My idea of a clean max is to drop it from waist height to loosen the dirt,pick it up by the rear bumper and give it a good shake. lol

:cheeky:

Chazey! Way good to see you man! Where you been hiding? lol.... Havent seen ya in a while. Good to see you are still browsin around. The one thing about cleaning them like this is you manage to strip the bulkhead holes out VERY quickly. Looks like I'm going to replace all 4 this time around. Prob repack the diffs and tranny too. Never enough preventitive maint. Prob is, none of it saves you from the wrath of the 'overly' obnoxious jump. DOH!

Retread - you should see the crib for it hehehehe........

:D

The first picture is almost as horrid as the shots that Pirata has posted. Did I not read further into your thread, I might accuse you of T-Maxx abuse. If you strip your machine down to parade rest like that every time you do a cleaning, you deserve to have to replace worn/stripped parts frequently. There are easier ways to keep the beast clean, but to each his own...:)

By the way, I prefer the shots of your T when it is all together. It looks like a much happier machine vice a box of spare parts.

I've been around a bit mate, dodging low flying maxxes! lol.

Seriously been messing with me max,new big bores,skids,springs fitted and proline kit on its way.
Done my own version of woodies cool air intake. For any one intrested the motor saver 10/11mm 60 deg bend filter kit fits tight as you like to the Fantom carb.

I'm with sky though mate that's verging on abuse lol :D

Ok Christian..
You have now made it to the to of the list.
I think you’re on to something here The Maxx Factory team kit.

You are one anal Mo-Fo..

Um excuse me…..
If you need I have a shock work station you can borrow. I seems as if you were a bit to embarrassed to use yours. Let me know and I will put it in a box and UPS it to you.
I’m sorry, it was the UPS box.

Let us know how many parts you have left over when your done trying to get it back together.

Well I have decided that I'm even going to repack the diffs.

FUN WOW!

I got new stock bulks as well. Along with that, I purchased a 3mm tap kit to hopefully not strip out the holes this time around. Although, for the number of times I took it apart this year, they did last the whole season ;)

Preventitive maint. is the key to HAPPY bashing :D

Hey Eddy - I got your shock station, in my pocket :lick:

What's with the shock jig whatever thing you have all of your shocks in?

As far as taking apart to clean, getting a semi high pressure air nozzle will eliminate this however you will need to be careful about where you are applying it on your t-maxx.

I have and do run a Craftsmen air compressor. Steady freddy at 90psi. I'm just OVERLY anal about a clean maxx. Ask Eddy. It makes him sick. He doesn't even think I run my maxx lol!

And there have been a few times the air compressor was good for nothing. Depends how much time the grime has to cake on.

I just threw the shocks on a plastic box lid for the pic. My jig is in the general nitro forum.

Clean clean clean........

Christian how much if I ship my max over to you for a valet?

I'd like to see you get mine clean lol

Chazey - 25$ Plus Shipping and one good overseas beer!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Chazey - 25$ Plus Shipping and one good overseas beer!

basically Çh®i§tiªñ will work for alcohol....at least he is honest

nd

budweiser.gif

will this do for a maxx cleaning?????

Last edited:
can't see the pic :(

What does everyone think of the Dynamite Diff cases. I think I'm going to pick up a pair today.

beermaxx- is that like a sportmaxx? Is it 2beer drive? where can I get one? Will there be "hop ups" available. Will it have an aluminum or glass chassis? so many questions.....

nd

the beermaxx is kinda like a keystone. It has speacial chassy "with a special lining"that allows it to remain new for longer. you get the strength of the aluminum but the perfomance of the glass chassy.

Will it come with 'born on' dating so we know what hops ups we can drink, i mean buy?

Back