TMaxx EZ Start problem - out of options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know about this is but is it possible it may be his engine dead?

The sound in the video had good compression pops, so it's not that. Again, take out the glow plug, put it in the igniter and see how brightly it glows. Red just isn't good enough, and the same goes for orange. You should have a bright orange to yellow glow in order for it to ignite the fuel.
When you put the glow plug back in, don't tighten it down but leave it where some of the compression can bleed off. The engine will spin faster and that might help it get going. As soon as it starts, tighten it down.

Hi Nateb26, were you able to fix your problem? I have exactly the same one and I am lost

That thread is 12 years old bud. If you start a new thread with a detailed description of your problem, I'm sure some of the guys will get you going in the right direction.

Issue resolved. The cylinder head was not attached correctly and there was a gap that was allowing compression to escape. I removed it and re-installed it making sure all was good and voila it started up with the EZ starter in 1 second.