Tmaxx Boost

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandersander

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do yall think about attatching a paper towel tube to my tmaxx bumper and putting a model rocket engine in it? I mean it wouldn't last very long but it would be the ultimate notrous. Also, I have another wacky idea. WHat if I hooked up a 3oz oxygen cartrige that goes to a nipple not unlike the one on the exhaust that leads to the fuel tank. but lead the oxygen tank to the nipple below the air filter. use the shifting servo (FOC) to run a valve in the line. That would make sweet boost aswell. Thoughts?

If you try to add more air to the engine with a bottle as you described you will cause it to run very lean without adding extra fuel. Thats if it continues to run at that point anyway.

Introducing pure O2 into your intake will essentially create a lean condition. You would need to substantially richin your needle setting for it to run and I'm honestly not sure if you could even run a carb rich enough to compensate. Air is ~21% Oxygen, and although you wouldn't be running 100% O2 since you'd still be using a standard air intake as well, the amount of oxygen entering the combustion chamber would still be sky high. I'm not sure the engine would even run with as much fuel as you'd need to compensate. Introducing pure O2 is NOT the same as introducing N2O.

Now now i'm not about to go out and try it. now what I am saying is a tiny squirt of o2. making a lean setting for a couple seconds. not for a fast tank of fuel. I think it would just be a quick power band effect. what about some type of on board igniting system for a model rocket engine? That would make it really rip.

hell try it...I helped a guy put wings on a Jato to get it to glide for a few feet at a time...totally screwed his rig up but it was a blast to watch it go down in flames....Lessen has teh right theory though...you'd have to get a really precise control of that valve to get the minimal effect of the O2....you could dump too much in and just lean bog if you opened more than a sliver....the rocket IMO is a bad idea....any open flames around nitro residue on your rig could catch somethign on fire...nitro fuel burn slow but not really explosive unless contained....if your tank caught fire you could have one cool lil nuke blast that would do a lot of damamge to your truck...probably not big enough explosion to do much else.....

Yeah, an open flame and a little can of pure O2 are not two things you should have on an r/c. That's just asking for trouble IMO.

Yeah its not a realistic setup. But you gotta admit it would be sweet just to light a rocket engine on your car. What about compressed air? Would that make your car run lean aswell? Or what about nos? a tiny can of notrous oxide. mounted just like the 02 can.

do a search on Nos here....there was one system that supposedly works but it's just a lot of money for something that "looks" cool.....

Yes, there are N2O systems available within the r/c market. Whether they actually work or not is trivial.

compressed air would give you the same effect as supercharging, which by the way, is worthless in a 2-stroke nitro engine, IMO.

Ic. well it was worth a shot anyways.

Yes, there are N2O systems available within the r/c market. Whether they actually work or not is trivial.

compressed air would give you the same effect as supercharging, which by the way, is worthless in a 2-stroke nitro engine, IMO.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has spent countless hours researching superchargers and engineering a supercharger setup to be efficienct with a 4 cycle (I think)

So a supercharger for my trx 2.5 would be something worth investing in?

In all seriousness the cheque is in the mail.

so. no. get the picco .26 instead of all that crap to supe up my 2.5?

Sweet. I found a sweet deal. or atleast i think it is. I got (all stock) a cooling head for $1. A crank case for a buck. a crank shaft for a buck. what else do i need to have a running engine? bth I have an exhaust setup. just the flywheel and clutch bell? and piston and sleeve.

you will need a carb also. I am not sure if you can use the carb from the 2.5 or not. Someone else maybe able to say. If not you will need one aswell.

ok. is that all? Is that a sweet deal or what?

oh crap. those parts are for a 2.5! damn.well i gotta find some picco parts. ah whatever. Is it still a steal?