Tmaxx 2.5 breaking issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an issue breaking the t maxx and don't know how to fix it. It just slows down after you get to the end of the block. Help!

Is there a lot of fuel coming out of the muffler?
yes but I made it purposely rich

Is there a lot of fuel coming out of the muffler?
But I took a shortcut. I decided to shorten the break link using a little key hole thing and richened the idle and low speed needles to stop it from running away and being able to brake more easy. Was this a good idea or should I do something else?

Breaking is normal for a T-Maxx......... Oooohh,you mean braking.

Sounds like you have tuning issues and brake issues. The brakes should work regardless of how it's tuned.
I'm not sure I fully understand what you tried but some bench checking/adjusting on the linkages sounds like what is needed.\
Then when all that is functioning properly you can run and tune it.

Breaking is normal for a T-Maxx......... Oooohh,you mean braking.

Sounds like you have tuning issues and brake issues. The brakes should work regardless of how it's tuned.
I'm not sure I fully understand what you tried but some bench checking/adjusting on the linkages sounds like what is needed.\
Then when all that is functioning properly you can run and tune it.
Yeah (oops braking, in uh hurry there) I tested it and it works better but I only tested it off wheels. I need to put it on the ground tomorrow asap

Take off the air filter, then see whether the throttle slide moves when you brake (On idle). Check endpoints on remote too.

Take off the air filter, then see whether the throttle slide moves when you brake (On idle). Check endpoints on remote too.
Alright I will, just to make sure cause I already made som?everything
K I will do that to make sure. I did the linkages, I shortened them then I lowered/richen the idle and low speed. It brakes now but I will look closer to it, thanks