Tires and shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Bighoss90

RC Newbie
New to the rc world pick up a traxxas rustler 2wd xl-5. Was wondering what would be a good tire for a dirt track and good shock. Went to the track today stock tires were ok but keep wanting to cut the rear end loose and not getting enough grip. The rc would bottom put pretty hard even on smaller jumps and bumps. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

D3MON

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
New to the rc world pick up a traxxas rustler 2wd xl-5. Was wondering what would be a good tire for a dirt track and good shock. Went to the track today stock tires were ok but keep wanting to cut the rear end loose and not getting enough grip. The rc would bottom put pretty hard even on smaller jumps and bumps. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
as far as tires, i have to say 2.2 mashers did really well on the rustler i was running.(was mostly gravel and dirt, some hard pack dirt as well)
its 2wd so always going to be squirelly to an extent.
shocks I'm using Monster GT gold springs on the rear. been meaning to put some RC Raven dual rates on it instead to see how well those work, they are amazing for my MGT, but i do not know if they are going to be too stiff for the rustler. are only about 13$ for 8 of them.
though the rustler i have is a bit heavy between the brushless setup (the esc i am using is brick lol) and the alu a-arms. (typically it is not recomended to run aluminum A-arms and normally i dont, these have somewhat sentimental value being on the rig though).
hope that helps at all!