Tire/Wheel combo for the XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman1204

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been running my 40 series trenchers on my XL but they just never have seemed large enough for me. I decided to compare them to a stock tire and realized they are actually a fair bit smaller. So I was looking for something a little larger to run on it.

Is anyone running the 1/5th scale badlands or trenchers on a savage XL? If so any problems and also how much bigger are they than the stock XL setup?

Thanks

I just grabbed a set of the Bow-Ties on Desparados for my Losi XXL. They're not much taller than the stock XXL tires, they are narrower but heavier. Here's a pic of them on a Savage XL, this is where I got the idea, I think they look bad ass. Hopefully I can mod the HPI adapters and they'll look this good on my XXL.

Savage006.jpg

I am dumb when it comes to tires/wheels! Are these the 1/5th scale version or what they call 40 series?

1/5 scale, rear on all 4 corners.

---------- Post added at 9:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:20 PM ----------

It's the exact same setup I got. HPI makes it easy for their rigs to run the 1/5 scale, they have a hex conversion. For me to run them on the XXL, I have to either mod the HPI conversion that I have, or I can get the 23mm hexes and wrap them in the aluminum tape.

Thanks! I think I will grab some badlands for my XL

Thanks! I think I will grab some badlands for my XL

Those are Bow-Ties in the picture.

---------- Post added at 9:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:28 PM ----------

Here are some pics from the tires I got, this is next to the stock XXL tires.

I paid $90 for everything, $75 for the wheels and tires and $15 for the adapters.

2012-09-23161250_zps7397784a.gif

2012-09-23161325_zps8a932e17.gif

2012-09-23161410_zps19f66466.gif

Are you getting the Badlands in the 1/5 scale? What wheels are you putting them on?

goliath/blast and goliath/trencher is what i run on my 2 Xl's. good tires for off road

Back