Tire Wear Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slurve

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, Quick question for ya. I have a Traxxas slash and mainly bash it and was wondering if there will be any negative effects to only replacing the rear tires when they get bald (its rear wheel drive) and leaving the fronts at a little under half tread. Maybe even 1/3 the normal tread depth. So essentially what I mean is if I have brand new rear tires, but I have bald front tires will that effect performance. Thank you!

It will be fine, but obiously it will perform better with new fronts as well.

If you keep the same front on just the front and never put them on the back enless they get rotted or to much water in it you’ll never need to repace I use the Duratrax speed treads there specifically made for the slash at the lowest price I use the streets and they are amazing

It will depend on terrain, and the traction that you want from your RC. My 2wd short course trucks, stadium trucks, and buggy all are backyard track bashed on pebble infused dirt, and I will replace the rear tires three times before fronts need replacing. I will specifically get front tires that provide too much traction (when new) and dial out some steering with radio's servo speed, dual rate, and/or expo adjustments until the tire's sharp edges wear down.

Back