Tire Glue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dnow

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If this has posted a buttload of times please send me to that thread. I have a tire with the bead coming out due to glue issues. What's a good glue to use?

CA glue is "tire glue" but super glue is the same thing...

Thanks again. I figured it would be something simple, but had I used it first it would have been the kind not to use

I super glued mine like 6 times after the original glue holding the bead failed...... it kept coming apart. Maybee I didnt clean it well enough... IDK.

GORRILLA GLUE. Thats what U wanna use. It can be messy and it GROWS while drying so if ya want it to look nice ya gotta keep an eye on it.

I have used it to do the beads.... have also used it to seal punctures, wrips, tears, in tires. GOOD STUFF.

CA glue is what should be used to glue tires to the rims. It's best to use the thin version so that it wall get into the crevasses to completely adhere the bead to the rim.

i have seen a set that was gorilla glued and wow what a mess and it swelled in a few spots and the tires and rim set couldnt be used it would make it wobble ALOT!!!! I use super glue and have real good luck only i use alot i dont just spot here and there cause i kept blowin tiers off the beed with my tmaxx..

What we use to use before CA glue was popular was goodyear pilobond glue its still around.It would hold foam to nylon wheels without a problem on 1/8 road cars.I've used it on my off roads also.It holds great and removes much easier than CA.:D

I used just ordinary super glue, Broke the revo shortly afterwards. after replacing the spur gear. It seems to drive smooth without much wobble. Wont really know til I fix its new problem. User caused by the way

Preparation is the name of the game with gluing tires. Clean the bead of the tire where it contacts the rim and the rim where it contacts the tire with DA. Use a fine sandpaper to rough up the tire and rim in the same spots prior to gluing. Use enough glue to get the job done. Too much causes a mess and doesn't adhere as well.

If you have chrome rims, you have to remove the chrome completely where the tire glues to the rim. If you don't, the chrome will release from the rim before the glue does.

I'm not great at gluing tires, but if I take my time, clean well, sand well and glue right, they hold up for quite a while.