Thunder Tiger Pro .28 BD-R carb settings?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi ladies and gents

I picked up a thunder tiger pro .28
i'm trying to track down the base needle settings but it would appear i have a different carb than in the manual so i need some help, google has given me nothing,

the carb fitted to this engine does not have the mid range needle, i have a manual for the engine but the 2 carbs shown one has a mid range needle, one has the LSN on the same side as the HSN ( no mid range needle )

Hi ladies and gents

I picked up a thunder tiger pro .28
i'm trying to track down the base needle settings but it would appear i have a different carb than in the manual so i need some help, google has given me nothing,

the carb fitted to this engine does not have the mid range needle, i have a manual for the engine but the 2 carbs shown one has a mid range needle, one has the LSN on the same side as the HSN ( no mid range needle )

Yes ,you are correct ,they came with 2 carb versions!

I had my 2 needle carb set in tune with the HSN at 2 3/4 turns out ,an the LSN set at about 5 1/2 to 6 turns out ,
But also could very in your region or higher elevations!

I can't remember the factory sets though ,they are a good reliable & easy to tune engine ,an
I like the 2 needle versions better!....:cool:

Yes ,you are correct ,they came with 2 carb versions!

I had my 2 needle carb set in tune with the HSN at 2 3/4 turns out ,an the LSN set at about 5 1/2 to 6 turns out ,
But also could very in your region or higher elevations!

I can't remember the factory sets though ,they are a good reliable & easy to tune engine ,an
I like the 2 needle versions better!....:cool:

excuse my post its 3.13AM and I'm drowsy from a sleeping pill,

looks like i may have missed out part of what i meant to say, the carb on this engine is different than the ones shown in the manual
if i got that far with the LSN its way too far out

i did find something so i'm going to try 2.5 turns out from flush tomorrow, if i can't get anywhere i will track down the carb from the manual

here are a few pics of it.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Hello,
I 'm having the same problem.
I'm not sure wich screw is what?
Can anybody show it on a picture or exploded vieuw?
Thank you, please come again!

excuse my post its 3.13AM and I'm drowsy from a sleeping pill,

looks like i may have missed out part of what i meant to say, the carb on this engine is different than the ones shown in the manual
if i got that far with the LSN its way too far out

i did find something so i'm going to try 2.5 turns out from flush tomorrow, if i can't get anywhere i will track down the carb from the manual

here are a few pics of it.

View attachment 93280 View attachment 93281 View attachment 93282
Did you ever get the setting sorted out as I have the same carb on a TT Pro-28 that I have recently picked up. Told it came from a MTA4 but the manual shows a 3 needle or a 2 needle with the LSN on the other side.

Back