Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No there was a stie dedicated to the mt4 g3 with a TON of information.
Oh my bad i assumed you were reffering to Thunder Tiger Website.
and have you tried the wayback machine to get that info off the site?

Thanks for all the feedback. After spending way too much time searching for parts on the MT4 I decided to just pick up a new car. I did put new tires on it and a new servo to get it running good. I may just sell it but not sure yet.

I watched a poop ton of videos and decided to get a new xmaxx in the blue rock n roll color. I moved last year and have a few acres of land now to run it. Even have a couple jumps built in.

I'm going to be listing mine for sale soon. I have some extra parts for it as well. We bought a pair of Kratons now and they seem to be okay. Faster, but not nearly as bashable as the TT MT4G3, which will go down as my favorite truck ever. It's just too hard to hunt for parts now.

No there was a stie dedicated to the mt4 g3 with a TON of information.
That was Wonder Tiger. It's been gone a few years now. Interest in the BEST bashing car of all time is really just nostalgia. You can find some parts, some you can't. I have a few bags of different stuff and I'm going to be selling that soon. It just takes up room and I was going to let new people mess with it but I can't get parts so two good tree hits and it's done. May as well let someone who has the patience to hunt down parts get it from me and keep it running.

I have an MT4G3 still running. I've converted it to truggy for conservation purposes. Also was a member of WonderTiger, RIP.
I still run it some, it's a great platform overall. Shame TT got out of rc's IMO.
Several years back, I did some rehab on it. Needed a new rear diff along with some other odds and ends. The MT-4G5 K-Rock diffs and cvds will work, but you have to change both because TT made the ball ends and shafts thicker on the G5 K Rock..they won't physically fit into the G4 outdrives. Length is unchanged. I picked up as many spares as I could afford at the time from Dollar Hobbyz, they were parting out the K Rocks..
On another note, I have an Arrma k6 exb, it doesn't disappoint IMO. Great rig. I have a bunch of monster truggies, I like to have different makes. Tekno MT410 stretched on a ET48 chassis, TC Kronos XTR, Mojo exb turned Kraton XL..the Kraton exb has been converted to what I'm calling a Typhon XL, although I don't have a buggy body for it yet. I'm thinking the TC Asuga body should be about perfect.
I'm still looking for MT4-G3 front arms.. at this point, I'm content to let it sit. It's earned a spot on my shelf, one day my grandkids will say "Wow! What's this thing grandpa?" "Does it work?" 🤣🤣

I still love the TT MT4, it's the best truck I'll ever have. It is 10x more durable than the Kraton EXB's we replaced it with. On 4s the TT was almost as fast as the Kraton with the Max 6 combo on 6s. The ARRMA cars always claim high power abilities but I never seem them last under moderate use. Maybe I'm just not lucky. I think I replaced a part on my TT once every 3 or 4 batteries, it was just that well built a truck. Anyway, I'm taking all the electronics out of it and I'm going to sell it as a lot with parts on the forums/eBay soon. The parts are all going on a ET48 2.0 I picked up.

I still love the TT MT4, it's the best truck I'll ever have. It is 10x more durable than the Kraton EXB's we replaced it with. On 4s the TT was almost as fast as the Kraton with the Max 6 combo on 6s. The ARRMA cars always claim high power abilities but I never seem them last under moderate use. Maybe I'm just not lucky. I think I replaced a part on my TT once every 3 or 4 batteries, it was just that well built a truck. Anyway, I'm taking all the electronics out of it and I'm going to sell it as a lot with parts on the forums/eBay soon. The parts are all going on a ET48 2.0 I picked up.
For me the Kraton has been great. It is larger and heavier than the MT4 though. No doubt the MT4 is a tad quicker on the same power.. durability is close I feel. The MT4 will always hold a special place for me, my first brushless "basher" rc. I don't run my stuff very hard, mostly racing my brother on a track at my house. Lots of door bangin, sometimes more like demolition derby, LOL. We have most of the popular bashers on the market collectively from Arrma, Corally, Tekno and TRX.
I don't do brand loyalty, unless they start giving me stuff for free,LOL.
FWIW here's one iteration of the MT4. Its been a Baja Bug, Chevelle, Truggy..this was the Graverobber body by HPI from around 10 years ago.. I just realized I still had the pic, so I made it my avatar.

Attachments

• 06122012154.jpg
    06122012154.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I actually just ordered a Tekno. The ET48 2.0, I'm putting the electronics from the MT4 into it.

I actually just ordered a Tekno. The ET48 2.0, I'm putting the electronics from the MT4 into it.
Nice! Can't go wrong with the Tekno, great product, great support. I have the extended MT410 and an sct410.3. The MT is in truggy form, Losi XTT tires/wheels, Corally Torox/Kuron (6s) combo running on 4s. Awesome!! The sct has an unbranded max 10 120a and 3670 2600kv running on Jconcepts Choppers. Mainly 3s, but 4s capable..Also a fine machine.

Back