Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brennan Huff

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what other truck parts are comparable with the MT4 G3? I bent the front dogbone and can't find a replacement anywhere. I did find some in stock for the k rock MT4 G5 but there are no measurements for it to see if they are the same.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what other truck parts are comparable with the MT4 G3? I bent the front dogbone and can't find a replacement anywhere. I did find some in stock for the k rock MT4 G5 but there are no measurements for it to see if they are the same.

Thanks!
search ebay uk

Tried ebay uk with no luck. Does anyone know if the K Rock mt4 g5 parts are compatable with the mt4 g3?

Some parts from the K rock work. Diffs are the same, drive axles I believe are the same. Most of the suspension arms are the same.

Chassis, Steering, and center drive shafts are different I believe IIRC

Edit Diffs may be different, but use the same Outdrives and potential Ring/Pinion. It has been awhile since I scoured the Internet for my spare parts

Last edited:
Some parts from the K rock work. Diffs are the same, drive axles I believe are the same. Most of the suspension arms are the same.

Chassis, Steering, and center drive shafts are different I believe IIRC

Edit Diffs may be different, but use the same Outdrives and potential Ring/Pinion. It has been awhile since I scoured the Internet for my spare parts
Yeah I believe the k rock dogbones are longer.

Not sure why they discontinued parts parts for this thing. Plus the wonder tiger site was taked down. I will never buy another one of their RCs.

Pretty sure they are out of business, at least for the Thunder Tiger land RCs. The whole Traxxas lawsuits a few years really shook up the RC industry and RC importers. Even caused a few places to close their doors, or be severely impacted like HPI...

The last time I seen an MT4 G3 in stock was on Amazon for 399. I quickly bought one merely for spare parts. Then I began buying other spares that popped up on Ebay. Since then, on occasion you may see one used show up on Ebay.

Its a shame, the MT4 G3 is an awesome truck. I personally think the lawsuits impacted the company worse than others. Even Arrma was in hot water for awhile until someone agreed to carry them and Axial.

Pretty sure they are out of business, at least for the Thunder Tiger land RCs. The whole Traxxas lawsuits a few years really shook up the RC industry and RC importers. Even caused a few places to close their doors, or be severely impacted like HPI...

The last time I seen an MT4 G3 in stock was on Amazon for 399. I quickly bought one merely for spare parts. Then I began buying other spares that popped up on Ebay. Since then, on occasion you may see one used show up on Ebay.

Its a shame, the MT4 G3 is an awesome truck. I personally think the lawsuits impacted the company worse than others. Even Arrma was in hot water for awhile until someone agreed to carry them and Axial.
Thats cheap, i paid close to $600 in 2014. I bought some spare parts but didnt think to buy any shafts. All I can do is try to straighten the dogbone at this point. I didnt know they were out of business. Their site is still up to buy old inventory.

There is a real beat up mt4 on ebay for like $230. Half way to a new car though so no way.

Yea it was around the time the lawsuits were going around against different companies and distributors.

I agree. I was going to buy one used if it was in decent shape but then again you are still behind. Buying a truck you can't readily get parts for. Might as well save up for a new model rig.

The Thunder Tiger website has not been updated since 2019 I think, even then back in 2017 they didnt have parts in stock, and now everything appears out of stock as well.

Its a bummer for sure.

The Traxxas Sledge looks awfully similar. So if you like the MT4 layout maybe look at that or an Arrma?

Well I took the dogbone off and bent it back best I could. I had to order some new tires so not sure how it will run till tomorrow. I dont really want to spend the money on a new rig so if this works i will stick with 4S.

The shaft is hard to match because each ball is a different diameter. Not sure if thats the norm or not. This is my only high end rc. I found one that was close on ebay but still no go.

There are 2 versions of the drive axles, a thick set and the original thinner set.

a lot of mileage was gained from people simply bending the thinner axles back into shape until they finally gave out.

Wondertiger.com was a great site that had a ton of good information and parts that would fit from other brands. Sadly that site has gone down. Same with Ultimaterc.com. I dont know where a lot of people migrated to...I know a few are on RCTech.net. You may want to check there for some parts in the for sale section.
Oh, if you can't find anything and when it finally kicks the bucket. I was looking at either the Tekno MT410 or the Tekno ET48 2.0 to replace mine when i can no longer repair it.

Second to that would be an Arrma vehicle

I would definitely recommend sticking to 4s. for an older rig like that. The newer stuff is pretty much built to handle 6s as the standard. These older trucks were 6s Capable but if you didnt drive it correctly it would eventually break parts.

Last edited:
There are 2 versions of the drive axles, a thick set and the original thinner set.

a lot of mileage was gained from people simply bending the thinner axles back into shape until they finally gave out.

Wondertiger.com was a great site that had a ton of good information and parts that would fit from other brands. Sadly that site has gone down. Same with Ultimaterc.com. I dont know where a lot of people migrated to...I know a few are on RCTech.net. You may want to check there for some parts in the for sale section.
Oh, if you can't find anything and when it finally kicks the bucket. I was looking at either the Tekno MT410 or the Tekno ET48 2.0 to replace mine when i can no longer repair it.

Second to that would be an Arrma vehicle

I would definitely recommend sticking to 4s. for an older rig like that. The newer stuff is pretty much built to handle 6s as the standard. These older trucks were 6s Capable but if you didnt drive it correctly it would eventually break parts.
Thanks I will check that site out. I broke it on 5S, never tried it on 6s....5s was plenty. Think I clocked it at 50mph or so.

I ran mine on 5s and if not careful it would break diff gears. Lowering the punch helped. You can use a hobbywing program card to adjust the settings.

4s has been the sweet spot for sure.

I ran mine on 5s and if not careful it would break diff gears. Lowering the punch helped. You can use a hobbywing program card to adjust the settings.

4s has been the sweet spot for sure.
Yeah I have the card to adjust settings. I over heated the motor the first week I had it running hard in tall grass. So now it has a quickrun ESC and leopard motor with cooling fans.

20220330_153705.jpg

Drop the gearing if you are running in tall grass, or better yet avoid grass all together. It has a lot of resistance that burns up electronics

The stock motor was prone to running hot due to gearing as well.

Still i would avoid the tall grass

Drop the gearing if you are running in tall grass, or better yet avoid grass all together. It has a lot of resistance that burns up electronics

The stock motor was prone to running hot due to gearing as well.

Still i would avoid the tall grass With the new setup it runs very cool.
It runs very cool with this setup. But yeah I avoid tall grass now after that happened.

Bending the dogbone back worked. I heat it a bit with a torch then used a 2x4 as a flat surface to pound it back. Then put some new wheels on from stripping the hex last year. But all is good now....untill the next part breaks.

Thinking about selling it and putting the money toward a new RC.
20220402_101800.jpg

Bending the dogbone back worked. I heat it a bit with a torch then used a 2x4 as a flat surface to pound it back. Then put some new wheels on from stripping the hex last year. But all is good now....untill the next part breaks.

Thinking about selling it and putting the money toward a new RC.
View attachment 144764
Not sure if it is the same with this model but i would research if any associated trucks share parts on this thunder tiger. Not up to date with what came after the ttr versions of associated mgt, rival etc.

Worth a shot, i think the first mt4 g3 was still when associated owned or whatever

Not sure if it is the same with this model but i would research if any associated trucks share parts on this thunder tiger. Not up to date with what came after the ttr versions of associated mgt, rival etc.

Worth a shot, i think the first mt4 g3 was still when associated owned or whatever
Yeah, this would be much easier if they didnt take the wonder tiger site down. All that information was there.

No there was a stie dedicated to the mt4 g3 with a TON of information.

Back