THS pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Which THS would u guys recommend for my picco .26 max? I have my buddys running descent but I believe it could run a lot better. Also might have something to do with the gear selection he has to use until he buys the good mount. But I see they have the one for more top end and one for more low end torque? Which one are most people using with that motor? Thanks

There is a bb setup from ths dont know the part number off hand but apparently its the shiz for running a rear mount exhaust, you will however need a one of racers' bb adaptors to get it to work properly
I have run the sb version on my picco and it seemed ok may need to drill the stinger a bit to reduce some back pressure as I noticed my carb was leaking from the slide boot but that could also be due to the fact I can't get her dial3d in properly and was running it a bit fat

I'm running the THS825H on my picco .26 i have on the tmaxx. For the revo i suggest the side mount option and the THS816H truggy pipe and manifold.

I'm running the THS146B on a picco JL Red dot.26 only thing is you have to double up on the exhaust port gaskets , I use a Big Block gasket on top of a samll block gasket works great
100_2493800x600.jpg

THS is a good pipe but If I were to do it again I would call robin over at ERCM and get a ERCM pipe set up

^^thats the pipe i was talking about coupled with one of racer1966s' bb adaptors,i bought one and its a quality bit of gear,no need to double up on gaskets

I'm running the THS825H on my picco .26 i have on the tmaxx. For the revo i suggest the side mount option and the THS816H truggy pipe and manifold.

I was referring to this reply.But is that the one I would want?

Thats the one I have , 1086 its for a sb but should work with the picco it mounts up good but if I was gonna run it long term I would look at drilling the stinger

Even drilling the stinger wont be enough to allow the picco to breath and perform like its capable of performing. I went thru this with mine. It always leaked fuel around the carb slide boot pretty bad because of too much back pressure from running the small block pipe on it. Drilling the stinger helped a little but i did not get it to dry up until i started running a BB manifold and pipe on it. Then the performance was greatly increased and no more loading up at idle. The SB THS system for revo will work but I'm recommending you eventually get a BB pipe and manifold for it. Maybe even a BUKU adjustable tune pipe. Although if you plan on racing it i dont think the BUKU is allowed in certain classes. You can read up more about it on the website and see videos on them as well.
http://www.bukupower.com/Pipes.aspx

I know Traxxas makes the BB header, but what kinda resonator would u use with it?

Even drilling the stinger wont be enough to allow the picco to breath and perform like its capable of performing. I went thru this with mine. It always leaked fuel around the carb slide boot pretty bad because of too much back pressure from running the small block pipe on it. Drilling the stinger helped a little but i did not get it to dry up until i started running a BB manifold and pipe on it. Then the performance was greatly increased and no more loading up at idle. The SB THS system for revo will work but I'm recommending you eventually get a BB pipe and manifold for it. Maybe even a BUKU adjustable tune pipe. Although if you plan on racing it i dont think the BUKU is allowed in certain classes. You can read up more about it on the website and see videos on them as well.
http://www.bukupower.com/Pipes.aspx

O wow. I always wondered where that leak was coming from. I always have alot of oil on my throttle arm and bellcrank. I use the THS hard coat rear revo exhaust THS146h. I do notice a lot of load up at idle as well.

So I finally got one of the THS big block pipe on one of the piccos and let me tell u what, it is now what I expected it to be. Fast as Hell!!! What a difference, and with the adaptor from racer it fit like a glove.

I have that BB pipe as well with my LRP28 revo, but I didn't care for how high the header made the pipe sit. Probably not as bad with a picco since it doesn't use a high new era type mount like mine. I hacked up an LST2 header and used it instead.

I have the high torque SB THS pipe for my 3.3 in the winter. It's better than a drilled out single chamber resonator, and almost puts out the same peak power of the trinity high-flow but isn't much louder than the drilled out resonator. Which is exactly what I wanted.

Glad to hear the BB pipe works well with mid-blocks. Kind of makes me wonder how it would do on the 3.3...

I have that BB pipe as well with my LRP28 revo, but I didn't care for how high the header made the pipe sit. Probably not as bad with a picco since it doesn't use a high new era type mount like mine. I hacked up an LST2 header and used it instead.

I have the high torque SB THS pipe for my 3.3 in the winter. It's better than a drilled out single chamber resonator, and almost puts out the same peak power of the trinity high-flow but isn't much louder than the drilled out resonator. Which is exactly what I wanted.

Glad to hear the BB pipe works well with mid-blocks. Kind of makes me wonder how it would do on the 3.3...

Well in a day or so when I get my other ths system I will try it out on my 3.3 b4 I swap the out to the picco. And as far as the height issue it is till not great on this revo either. I had to raise the body mounts up almost all the way to be higher than the pipe and header, They sit about the same height all the way across from header to top of resonator. I really don't like the body mounts that high cause it picks the body up off the handle- roll bar and tears up bodies faster. I will probably fab something up to fill the gap.

Back