Throttle glitch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZRider723

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new member and first post here.

I have a T-Maxx that I just converted to a Mamba Monster X system with 2200kv motor. I’m using a Futaba 3PM FM 75mhz radio/receiver and am experiencing some throttle glitching. I googled the glitching and installed a 16v 2400uF (two 1200uF in parallel) on CH3 and it didn’t help. My antenna wire over time has become shortened from breaking so I rewired it with a much longer wire from an older receiver. Seemed to help a little bit but it’s still glitching. The glitch is bad enough to the point of it blowing out my front differential because it’s almost like slamming on full brakes at speed! My 3S LiPo was fully charged and the batteries in the transmitter were good too. I brought it to a more open area with less power wires around and it seemed to get better yet, but still glitching. Would it be a good idea to switch to a 2.4GHz radio system instead?? If so, what is a decent system? I don’t need anything too fancy. I was thinking maybe the Futaba 3PV?

take a look at the flysky radios some under $50 usd

The 3PV should work well for you. The receivers aren't overly expensive if you decide to get another truck as well.

I use a spektrum dx5c and it's pretty good. Can get the additional SR215 receiver for $30, it's 2 channel receiver though, the SR315 is $45 for a 3 channel. I only use 2 channels for all my stuff.