Thoughts on the TSAIS CH5 Dual Rear Exhaust for Savage XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayRay

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, it's been a while. I was looking at the website for these pipes as well as some reviews and videos as well as was curious if anyone out there has installed this on their savage xl. The install looks effortless with the worst modification being perhaps the new open designed shock tower. The site says that it will work with the rotor start and from what I have read increases performance quite a bit. My goal is to get the oil away from the wheel, tire and lower arm area. Any input would be a big help.

Ray

hey I was wondering the same thing, I just bought a pipe off e-bay that is a regular polished pipe but it has dual stingers! if anyone has any experience with these the input would help!

Whew!! That's an awful lot of green to plunk down for one of those!

Ok fellas. After a little more digging, I found that the guys at beatyourtruck highly recommend this product; however, they were reviewing the Devil series pipe. The video was pretty impressive on the truck they used it on. The specs. clearly state the grade of aluminum used, and the straight shot from the engine to the pipe has to vastly improve the performance over the hard turn of the original pipe. The close-up also appears to show a really well thought out design. I know it has been around at least since 2008 and many improvements have been made over the past few years.

Ray

i just bought a side mounted dual stinger pipe on e-bay for $15 bucks including shipping. i am gonna try it, just wondering if they are louder than a regular tuned pipe or what??

The dual stinger pipes do look good and solve the issue of oil all over but they are far from a "performance" upgrade. Simply put, the pipe is not tuned and you stand to lose 15-25% of your power over what your running now. The fact that the exhaust comes into the "side" of the pipe renders it useless as there is no way to funnel the exhaust pulse back into the engine properly and that is the only way to gain performance with a tuned pipe. Another thing to consider is that they do not provide enough back-pressure which can potentially damage your engine if you don't tune it correctly (rich to compensate) Other then performance losses, one bad landing on the rear end and the pipe will be destroyed, just a few things to consider.

Okay, but on the side mounted dual stinger pipe, just like a polished pipe but with two stingers, is it a bad pipe also? before i try this pipe i would like to know more about it, i wont know the brand name till it comes in but it looks just like a regular pipe but with two outlets, or stingers. need some info please. thanks mackdaddy66

If your looking to keep oil away from the a-arms, put on a silicone extension and aim it at the ground. It works great at keeping everything clean.

Most all engines will run best with an 8mm stinger, more then that makes tuning harder and usually requires a very lean HSN setting in order to have a decent bottom end launch or a boggy bottom end in order to have a properly tuned top end. If it is anything like the GH dual stinger side pipe, it won't have enough back-pressure either, I'm not familiar with the pipe you ordered.

hey, thanks for the info it didnt say what brand it was but when i get it if theres any writing on it i'll post it here along with a pic. i got it cheap $15 bucks shipped, scared of running it till i understand it more. thanks mackdaddy66

You can always plug one of the stingers off and try it, you can also reduce the ID of the stinger with a strip of pop can. Either way your better off with the side pipe (tuned) apposed to the rear (muffler) pipe in terms of performance and proper operation.

I am with Robin on this one. I have seen a lot of "dual" exhaust ppes but never one that actually worked well. I have went from a crappy pipe to a quality tuned pipe and the difference was so huge I would have thought I had another engine on there.

Internal diameter.

ok guys i got my pipe today just in case you missed my other post it's a rd logics polished side mounted exhaust but with two stingers, i am gonna wait till i get more info before i decide whether i will use it or not. its listed on their website under the new products section. i just dont see how this things better than a regular tuned pipe.

It is not a tuned pipe at all. It is a muffler. Does nothing for performance at all. This is for a Savage right? All good there are a lot of really good ones out there. The Jp-3 is great with the LRP and so is is the 086 you were talking about in the other post.

I think the pipe he's talking about now is a side mount pipe with two stingers, it may be ok, maybe post some pictures so we know which one your talking about.

that's it just like a regular pipe, just two stingers. gonna buy a new tuned pipe to break in my new mill, but i may try this pipe later to see how my engine reacts to it. i read on one site that its supposed to improve performance throughout the low, mid n top end, while using less fuel. time will tell. mackdaddy66