This is what happens when a well respected RC company gets bought out by a toy company.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the money, I would definitely get the Turbo Scorpion kit. It would be great if Tekno bought them, imagine the durability!
Kyosho is the only RC company I have ever seen that uses forged aluminum components. They are pretty durable, at least as far as they are designed to be enjoyed. They are racers. Not really meant for bashing.

That's funny. I went 🤢🤮🤗
I'm seriously thinking about buying one but $65 is the cheapest I can find them and I just dont feel like its worth $65 but my wife wants me to buy one.... decisions, decisions.... I like it and I want one too but I feel like thats a $30-$40 toy....$65 is kinda getting in the price range where I'm like....IDK 🤔

I'm seriously thinking about buying one but $65 is the cheapest I can find them and I just dont feel like its worth $65 but my wife wants me to buy one.... decisions, decisions....
I was thinking $15 or 20 max. And on a decice on the same wifi, but not on this site, I'm getting damn anime advertisements.

I'm seriously thinking about buying one but $65 is the cheapest I can find them and I just dont feel like its worth $65 but my wife wants me to buy one.... decisions, decisions.... I like it and I want one too but I feel like thats a $30-$40 toy....$65 is kinda getting in the price range where I'm like....IDK 🤔
If your wife wants one, I'd definitely get her one. That may be the thing that gets her into RC. How great would that be! 😉

But I can't help but feel my attempt to dissuade Kyosho from producing such toys with the help of my RC brethren has utterly failed if you do 😜🤣🤗

Get her an FPV quad and put a picture of Doraemon on it, it’ll be much more fun.

Get her an FPV quad and put a picture of Doraemon on it, it’ll be much more fun.
Oh, so I thought all this time Doraemon was a typo of some sort. That thing has a name?

If your wife wants one, I'd definitely get her one. That may be the thing that gets her into RC. How great would that be! 😉

But I can't help but feel my attempt to dissuade Kyosho from producing such toys with the help of my RC brethren has utterly failed if you do 😜🤣🤗
I know my wife...Shes gonna set it on a shelf some where as a knick-knack O__o

Oh, so I thought all this time Doraemon was a typo of some sort. That thing has a name?
Yep, pronounced Door-ay-man

I know my wife...Shes gonna set it on a shelf some where as a knick-knack O__o

Yep, pronounced Door-ay-man
It reminds me of the whole Pokemon thing, which is something I just never understood the appeal of.

Totally agree. I wish someone like Tekno could get ahold of the brand to keep the brand alive. If they ever go under, or get rid of the Legendary series (ugh), it would be as much a heartfelt loss as losing Ozzy Osbourne would be to me. For anyone that has never built one of the Legendary kits, I suggest you grab one (if you can find one) to see what I mean.

The day Ozzy dies will be a sad one indeed.

I've got a dog in this hunt too. Kyosho, to me, means RC. Goes back to 98-99 when I bought and built the 2WD Tracker monster truck.

It will really sadden me to see their product line and quality compromised as a toy. Turbo Optima Gold 4WD Buggy is my choice. I'd sticker up the clear body and display it on a shelf. Got a Tamiya/Johnson finned aluminum mod brush motor in the pit box that would sit great in the chassis.

Perhaps the new ownership will spin off the current models as a "Pro Series" separate from the "RC" toys? That would at least easy the pain of this acquisition.

It reminds me of the whole Pokemon thing, which is something I just never understood the appeal of.
Trust me, its an Asian thing. Doreamon actually goes all the way back to the late 60s early 70s in origin. It started out as a manga (Japanese Comic book).
One thing I've learned being married to my wife is Asians are into stuff that Americans just scratch their heads at.... or at least I do. KPOP is one of them among others. I could start a whole thread on this topic lol

The day Ozzy dies will be a sad one indeed.
How is that guy still alive? He shoulda died 25 years ago lol

Is it bad that I want one of these 🤣🤣🤣.

The whole Pokémon thing is pretty massive. It hit the states hard when I was middle school. I enjoyed the cards and Gameboy games back then. But I also played magic lol. It died off for a while and made a huge resurgence. While I think grown men playing Pokémon is stupid now, I'm also a grown man playing with toy cars lol.

I used to love reading comic books as a kid too, I don't anymore but I really enjoy a lot of the comic book hero movies that have come out of the past few years.

So added to my purchase list, mad van ve and this demonflopter

Is it bad that I want one of these 🤣🤣🤣.

The whole Pokémon thing is pretty massive. It hit the states hard when I was middle school. I enjoyed the cards and Gameboy games back then. But I also played magic lol. It died off for a while and made a huge resurgence. While I think grown men playing Pokémon is stupid now, I'm also a grown man playing with toy cars lol.

I used to love reading comic books as a kid too, I don't anymore but I really enjoy a lot of the comic book hero movies that have come out of the past few years.

So added to my purchase list, mad van ve and this demonflopter
Are we long lost brothers? Well, I guess I never played Pokemon I played MTG and still have some of my better comics from when I was a kid. :)

Are we long lost brothers? Well, I guess I never played Pokemon I played MTG and still have some of my better comics from when I was a kid. :)

I wish I had some of my old comic and MTG stuff. Between moving a lot a Crack head parent, things came up missing a lot.

One I wish I still had was a daredevil side story where he was in New Orleans and ends up fighting an actual devil, if I remember correctly. Then the x-men age of apocalypse was a neat spin off. I had a bunch of trading cards too.

I wish I had some of my old comic and MTG stuff. Between moving a lot a Crack head parent, things came up missing a lot.

One I wish I still had was a daredevil side story where he was in New Orleans and ends up fighting an actual devil, if I remember correctly. Then the x-men age of apocalypse was a neat spin off. I had a bunch of trading cards too.
I have Spawn issue #1 and #2. First 2 issues of Shi, First 8 issues of PITT, first dozen issues of Wildcats, first half a dozen issues of Vampirella, first 12 or so issues of the original Razor comic by Lodon Night Studios some of which are signed (my personal favorite), and a handful of other issues.

As for MTG well you could say I had some.... 🤣
20190127_065432.jpg

20190127_064833.jpg

Last edited:
BattleTech TCG for me guys. Back in the day splitting what scant leisure time I had between RC Tamiya/Kyosho and BattleTech. Tamiya/Kyosho gone now and BattleTech stored away. Good memories, though.

Attachments

• 055_BattleTech TCG.JPG
    055_BattleTech TCG.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 23
I have Spawn issue #1 and #2. First 2 issues of Shi, First 8 issues of PITT, first dozen issues of Wildcats, first half a dozen issues of Vampirella, first 12 or so issues of the original Razor comic by Lodon Night Studios some of which are signed (my personal favorite), and a handful of other issues.

As for MTG well you could say I had some.... 🤣
View attachment 136821
View attachment 136822

Holy sheet. That's an impressive collection. I think spawn 1/2 is the best part. Good freaking comics. Spawn is second favorite comic book character. Wolverine will always be my favorite lol. I wish the movie would have had a better budget. It had so potential. The 3D animation was so bad lol.

BattleTech TCG for me guys. Back in the day splitting what scant leisure time I had between RC Tamiya/Kyosho and BattleTech. Tamiya/Kyosho gone now and BattleTech stored away. Good memories, though.
Dude, you are th eonly other person I've ever known that was in to BTTCG! That was such a great TCG, IDK why it it never took off. I couldnt get any of my friends interested in it. :(

I also still have my original Decipher Star Wars and Star Trek TCG cards as well as some Spellfire cards.

Holy sheet. That's an impressive collection. I think spawn 1/2 is the best part. Good freaking comics. Spawn is second favorite comic book character. Wolverine will always be my favorite lol. I wish the movie would have had a better budget. It had so potential. The 3D animation was so bad lol.
I loved X-men I had probably 300-400 x-men comics. Even had the first appearance of Psylock who is my favorite X-men character. I had probably 2500ish comics when I was young but most of them got lost including my original Lady Death comics in a move a long time ago. The ones I had bagged and in collector folders were the only ones that survived.

Back