This is what happens when a well respected RC company gets bought out by a toy company.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I hope this post inspires everyone to go to this vid and leave a comment. I have been subscribed to Kyosho's YT channel for awhile now, and this is a sad thing that I keep seeing from them. Truely sad 😥

Time to hurry snd buy a few bodies and one of the onroad cars. ☹

Just think of all the wasted water and polution from all this junk they create and peddle.

I can see it as a Walmart endcap stocking stuffer but nothing more. I can't see it building many dedicated customers.

Kyosho is falling to toy-grade status! :( They better remove that disgrace of an RC whatever-it-is from the market.

My gripe is, rather than focusing on their supply problems for the RC stuff people are waiting on, which was the mission statement of the company that bought them out, they made the supply problem worse and are wasting time creating this garbage. I fear this is the beginning of the end for Kyosho.

I agree. Seems to me they are reaching for production boost but I highly doubt they will get it with this product.

If they have any brains at all, they will not sell that thing in the USA.

Q: 4 year old child and spinning propellers with no guards .... gee, what can happen?

A: lawyers, lawyers, lawyers, and more lawyers

Yeah, Japan is all about creepy looking toy dolls, which is what the company that bought Kyosho specializes in. I watched a TV show where the host was in Japan, and dropped a coin into a gumbal machine, and got a weird rubber doll outfit. He was like "why Japan?" Very strange culture 🤔

I hate to say it, but I wish Horizon or Traxxas would buy them out.

Yeah, Japan is all about creepy looking toy dolls, which is what the company that bought Kyosho specializes in. I watched a TV show where the host was in Japan, and dropped a coin into a gumbal machine, and got a weird rubber doll outfit. He was like "why Japan?" Very strange culture 🤔

I hate to say it, but I wish Horizon or Traxxas would buy them out.
Well, they must find some of our stuff creepy or weird too, different cultures.
I hope this post inspires everyone to go to this vid and leave a comment. I have been subscribed to Kyosho's YT channel for awhile now, and this is a sad thing that I keep seeing from them. Truely sad 😥
No, tell me Kyosho's not getting bought out by a toy company! Goodbye race buggies...good bye quality RCs...
Why would a toy company buy a big RC company? I'm confused and upset, even though I don't have a Kyosho RC, nor have I really wanted one (I really know nothing about Kyosho lol)

No, tell me Kyosho's not getting bought out by a toy company! Goodbye race buggies...good bye quality RCs...
Why would a toy company buy a big RC company? I'm confused and upset, even though I don't have a Kyosho RC, nor have I really wanted one (I really know nothing about Kyosho lol)
Earlier this year, I think January, it was announced that the current company took control of Kyosho. That was when they made the statement they were going to turn around Kyosho's supply problems. They just failed to mention they meant that they were going to do that by producing cheap ####ing toys.

Some competent company needs to buy Kyosho, not this toy company.

Some competent company needs to buy Kyosho, not this toy company.
Totally agree. I wish someone like Tekno could get ahold of the brand to keep the brand alive. If they ever go under, or get rid of the Legendary series (ugh), it would be as much a heartfelt loss as losing Ozzy Osbourne would be to me. For anyone that has never built one of the Legendary kits, I suggest you grab one (if you can find one) to see what I mean.

Totally agree. I wish someone like Tekno could get ahold of the brand to keep the brand alive. If they ever go under, or get rid of the Legendary series (ugh), it would be as much a heartfelt loss as losing Ozzy Osbourne would be to me. For anyone that has never built one of the Legendary kits, I suggest you grab one (if you can find one) to see what I mean.
If I had the money, I would definitely get the Turbo Scorpion kit. It would be great if Tekno bought them, imagine the durability!

Back