Thinking of upgrading engine???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdemon86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I was thinking about upgrading to either a OFNA .26 Picco or the
OS Max .21 TM Engine w/Manifold for Revo 3.3.

Feedback would be awesome. I haven't heard much about either and I have been seeing them everywhere.

Any idea as the power increases???

The Picco .26 Maxx is a direct drop-in with just a motor mount change. It is an awesome engine for the Revo. There are a lot of guys on here including me that have used them on their trucks for just the right amount of over-powered mayhem. I would recommend changing to a different pipe to help such as the THS pipe.

Either is a great choice. one more for the THS pipe. Loved mine.

I agree with these guys either is a good choice. The OS is a easier fit but the .26 I think wraps out higher (better top end). The THS is a Great pipe. I like mine as well. Can't say enough good about it. Personally my choice would be the Picco and it is just silly on power.....love that engine.

I'm with these guys bud, i have a picco .26 maxx on my revo and i couldn't be happier, on certain days as long as my tune is PERFECT, it will pull the front wheels up when it hits 2nd gear

Great!!! Thanks for the feedback. As for the THS pipe, it is already installed! I love the sound!

Makes it sound like a r/c instead of a toy car like the stock pipe does. Power from bottom to top on both the 3.3 and O.S.

I did the OS .21 swap, it was nice much more bottom end, I can pull the front off the ground on takeoff if the wind is right and the sky is clear... but if I could do it again, I would have deffinatly gone with more bang. If you are looking for top end the stock 3.3 trx has more. I'm going with the picco after I Fry this piston and sleeve

I just put the Picco .26 Max in my 2.5, and I am so impressed! I just got it broke in and tuned out, and it is one bad ass engine! I have the stock pipe on it still and Ihave to be careful on take off, because it will just do a back flip if I gas it to much! It is very fun and challenging to drive! The picco is the one you want. and it drops right in!

Back